My Chrisrtmas present

Horst

Link Posted 28/12/2015 - 03:26
I didn't really know, what I wanted for Christmas . Its hard to know for the person who's got everything . I wish!!)
I ordered this Vest on Ebay and it arrived on the 23rd. When our children where little,We gave the presents on the evening on the 24th, that way we could sleep in on the 25th. Smart move.
This we kept up.

I got this west and went photographing today, The 28th with beautiful weather, 22Deg C.
The vest it just fantastic. With this 2 big pockets on the side, I could change lenses without the worry of dropping them.
I had 1 lens on the camera and 2 in one pocket. the other pocket was empty. This I used for putting the lens from the camera in an the take the other one out of the pocket. this worked like a charm.
i even was game to change lenses on a little bridge over a stream without filling my pants.
Best present I received for years. The vest and a bottle of Armagnac. (The vest is ok but the bloody bottle has a hole in it)

I wish you all a most fantastic New Year. We are having a forecast here in Melbourne of about +37deg C for New Years Eve.

Regards, Horst

The stream with the little bridge I stood on changing a lens.
The lens was my lovely Pentax DA 21 f3.2 LTD

This is my present. No laughing please

SteveLedger

Link Posted 28/12/2015 - 07:04
Needed a fill flash.
I've often thought about one of those, but too darn hot up here near Cairns.
Technically one can't buy oneself a gift/present as a gift is something given without payment.

Horst

Link Posted 28/12/2015 - 08:45
Hi Steve, They are not really hot. You can get them with all mesh, mine is partly mesh.
You'd be amazed how many gifts I bought myself which only I knew about.

Fill in flash would have been a good idea. However, my wife took the picture. she had enough trouble to find the release button holding the camera vertical.
I am even surprised half my legs are not missing.

Regards, Horst

Dingo

Link Posted 28/12/2015 - 08:46
SteveLedger wrote:

Technically one can't buy oneself a gift/present as a gift is something given without payment.

Technically Jesus was a Gift, but the Human Race have been paying ever since, go figure!!

regards, The Devil's Advocate
Last Edited by Dingo on 28/12/2015 - 08:47

davidtrout

Link Posted 28/12/2015 - 10:27
That vest looks just the sort of thing I need. Most times when I'm out and about taking pictures I carry two cameras with two lenses but sometimes I need a bigger lens choice so the shoulder bag comes along too. That has a painful effect on my shoulders and neck after a few hours. I've never fancied one of the back packs so any photographers go out with because every time you want to swap lenses or camera bodies over you have to virtually strip to get into the bally thing.
David
PPG: http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout

Algernon

Link Posted 28/12/2015 - 10:40
That looks like it could hold at least bottles if not glasses of beer

Must get one!

--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi

PeterKR

Link Posted 28/12/2015 - 19:09
Horst wrote:
............., my wife took the picture. she had enough trouble to find the release button holding the camera vertical.
I am even surprised half my legs are not missing.

Regards, Horst

Dangerous talk there, Horst !
If your wife sees this posting half your legs WILL go missing !

All best wishes for the New Year

Peter

SteveLedger

Link Posted 28/12/2015 - 20:10
Horst wrote:

You'd be amazed how many gifts I bought myself which only I knew about.

Hehe.. I know exactly what you mean

OldTaffy

Link Posted 30/12/2015 - 15:47
Horst wrote:

I wish you all a most fantastic New Year. We are having a forecast here in Melbourne of about +37deg C for New Years Eve.

Regards, Horst

They would probably hope for something cooler down at Lorne and Kennett River! From what I remember of Melbourne weather, it could well drop from 37 degrees on New Years Eve to about 5 degrees on New Years Day.

Best wishes to all our old friends in Victoria for a Happy 2016.

Martin
A few of my photographs in flickr.
Lizars 1910 "Challenge" quarter-plate camera; and some more recent stuff.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.