Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Sold. FA* 300 f/4,5 Sold.

Pentaxke
Posted 16/03/2008 - 20:17 Link
This march I bought 3 lenses and a body already , so it's time to let slip one of my lesser used items...

It's not easy to let go this little beauty, but since I rarely use it, I thought maybe someone can make better use of it. For sale is my FA* 300 f/4,5. The lens is in a sorry state so to speak (I bought it this way), but let that not refrain you, as you can make beautiful shots with it. There are some scratches on the barrel paint and there is a little dent on the front element (which in no way effects image quality - not even in stray light.) I include some photo's to give you an idea of the state. I also tried to make a photo of the dent in the lens, but that didn't succeed quite succesfully. Lens cap has scratches too.

For the rest, the lens is in optimum mechanical and optical state. No fungus, snappy diafragm blades, the likes...
Included is lens cap, box, case, front- and rear cap.
Change of price: price is €450,- + shipping (and 5% paypal if applicable) or best offer... Price is low because of the cosmetical condition and because I need the money.

Feel free to ask questions if you have any...

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image
Cheers! Marc

Comment Image
Mannesty
Posted 16/03/2008 - 21:52 Link
What does "dent on the front element" mean? Is the glass damaged?
Peter E Smith - flickr Photostream
Pentaxke
Posted 16/03/2008 - 22:22 Link
The front element is damaged, but if you don't know it you won't hardly notice. It's the 'fuziness' you can see right to the rectangular reflection on the photo (sorry, that was the best one I was able to take.)

Like I said, you won't notice it in the picture quality, even with the light in front of the lens, I wasn't able to make any photo with it where the minest degration shows up... You will see some spots to on the photo, but don't give them any attention: that's dust that is on my sensor (needs cleaning.)
Cheers! Marc

Comment Image
Mannesty
Posted 16/03/2008 - 22:34 Link
As you've set the price in Euros you're obviously not in UK. Where are you in Europe? You could edit your profile to show it against your posts. Just the country will do to maintain anonymity.

OT: BTW, the graphic you've used as your signature is probably copyright protected. If you are not the copyright owner and haven't asked permission to use it, you're well advised to change it to something else.
Peter E Smith - flickr Photostream
Pentaxke
Posted 17/03/2008 - 08:40 Link
I'm from Belgium. I will change my profile...
Cheers! Marc

Comment Image
Pentaxke
Posted 03/07/2008 - 17:24 Link
Bumpetybump...

Still available. Apparently there are a lot of clowns who love to waist other people's time...
Cheers! Marc

Comment Image
Malo1961
Posted 03/07/2008 - 18:22 Link
Hi Marc,
I don't know were you have met these clowns, you are speaking of,
but as it happens I saw these guys sell the same lens as yours in a excellent +++ condition (near mint) for around usd 895 usd 2 weeks ago.
So maybe( I am very careful now) the only clownish here could be the price you ask. ( 715 usd ex shipping and paypal fee.)
Off course I hope you do find a seller for that price
Martin.
Best regards,

Martin.

Curious about my photography?? Just Follow the Light.
Pentaxke
Posted 03/07/2008 - 18:49 Link
Lik I said, price is negociable (a bit.)

But still: all things considering, $895,- would be sth like €550,- Add shipping cost (which will be higher from singapore than from Belgium) and import duties, then I don't think I ask too much...
Cosmetically the lens is not good, I agree, but the images that come out of it (the most imortant thing I should think) will be the same...
Cheers! Marc

Comment Image
Malo1961
Posted 03/07/2008 - 19:17 Link
Pentaxke wrote:
Lik I said, price is negociable (a bit.)

But still: all things considering, $895,- would be sth like €550,- Add shipping cost (which will be higher from singapore than from Belgium) and import duties, then I don't think I ask too much...
Cosmetically the lens is not good, I agree, but the images that come out of it (the most imortant thing I should think) will be the same...

Well Marc,
In this case shipping would add up about 40 usd. And from personal experience( 3x) with this guys, there is no Import tax to be paid)
You probably would have to add the same amount of S/H. So the difference of +/- € 150 would not convince a lot of buyers to go for your sample.
But as I said before, I really hope you can sell it at your desired price.
Martin.
Best regards,

Martin.

ikillrocknroll
Posted 03/07/2008 - 20:52 Link
It doesnt matter if the dent in the front element doesnt make noticable difference to photos, for all we know the next time theres a bump it could really damage it (if its been hit it mustve been weakened alot etc)

I wouldnt pay that much for a lens in not that great condition.
http://www.behance.net/robbranigan
K20D, DA18-55II, FA50 1.4, DA10-17
To buy: Metz 58 AF-1, DA*50-135, DA12-24, DA100M
Pentaxke
Posted 04/07/2008 - 15:23 Link
Ok guys, I hear you. What do you think would be a fair price then?

@ikillrocknroll: IMHO, you can hit the frontlens like ten times, and I'm sure you will still not have broken it. People underestimate what a lens can take... Not that I'm going to proove it though...
Cheers! Marc

Comment Image
Don
Posted 04/07/2008 - 15:28 Link
I'm glad you reconsidered.
I have this old video cam I bought, used at garage sale, with a tiny scratch on the lens. I use it as a web cam, and also for video pass through to firewire.

that little scratch doesn't show, normally.

but if the light hits it from the right angle, it flares up like crazy.
at the macro setting it shows up.

you could play with it for hours and not realize the lens is scratched.

but it is.

javascript:emoticon('')
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.
Pentaxke
Posted 04/07/2008 - 15:47 Link
Don wrote:
I'm glad you reconsidered.
I have this old video cam I bought, used at garage sale, with a tiny scratch on the lens. I use it as a web cam, and also for video pass through to firewire.

that little scratch doesn't show, normally.

but if the light hits it from the right angle, it flares up like crazy.
at the macro setting it shows up.

you could play with it for hours and not realize the lens is scratched.

but it is.

javascript:emoticon('')

Well,

the frontlens is not scratched really, it has a dent (let's say I think it's called that way, English is not my first language, nor is it my second ), and I have several shots in direct stray light, and it still doesn't show. When I bought it (remember, I bought it this way), I was a little concerned about this too, but (and for this you will have to take my word for it) it really doesn't show in *any* image...
Cheers! Marc

Comment Image
Malo1961
Posted 04/07/2008 - 16:01 Link
Marc,
I think the best you can do is putting it on ebay. On this forum there is to much knowledge present. Take your chance on the auction site, be as honest with your pictures as you were here, and set a reserve price you can live with. Thats what I would do. ( and then........start praying )
Martin.
Best regards,

Martin.

George Lazarette
Posted 04/07/2008 - 16:57 Link
Dent is the wrong word. A dent is a depression caused by impact, and is usually found in malleable materials, like metal. Glass is too brittle to be dented, and would just shatter.

I think that the surface of your lens has been scraped. It may have no effect 99% of the time, but it might cause flare in certain circumstances.

G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.