Software to detect and delete duplicate images
Posted 10/01/2009 - 17:36
Link
bladerunneruk wrote:
http://www.photools.com/products.php
I have had this on trial and am impressed, has a v.helpful user group too.
I have iMatch and also IDimager, both fully licensed. iMatch is reasonable but lacks proper versioning and doesn't seem to like big databases (prone to crashing), IMHO IDimager wins by a long mile.
aminstar wrote:
HI
Does anyone know of any reasonably good software that I could use to start reorganising my pictures as I have reached the stage that I better start it all over again. Like many I have ended with lots of duplicates scattered on my C drive and I had started backing them up on my external one so its all a mess now.
To make matters worse I have a laptop also and wife loads pics in there from her digicam that I have passed on to her. The main pictures which are of common interest and that I find more difficult to organise are the family and the little ones specially, as they are loads and loads of them and now quite a few duplicates.
Now that I have upgraded to DSLR and getting to grips with it I definitely have started separating my lot but its the old ones that I want to streamline and start making some sense with them.
Any suggestions or advice please?
Much appreciated
Amin
Try looking into imatch, it has the ability to search for duplicate images, or visually similar images, or alternatively via the exif data such as original image creation date.HI
Does anyone know of any reasonably good software that I could use to start reorganising my pictures as I have reached the stage that I better start it all over again. Like many I have ended with lots of duplicates scattered on my C drive and I had started backing them up on my external one so its all a mess now.
To make matters worse I have a laptop also and wife loads pics in there from her digicam that I have passed on to her. The main pictures which are of common interest and that I find more difficult to organise are the family and the little ones specially, as they are loads and loads of them and now quite a few duplicates.
Now that I have upgraded to DSLR and getting to grips with it I definitely have started separating my lot but its the old ones that I want to streamline and start making some sense with them.
Any suggestions or advice please?
Much appreciated
Amin
http://www.photools.com/products.php
I have had this on trial and am impressed, has a v.helpful user group too.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


2094 posts
17 years
London,
UK
Thanks so much
Amin