so delayed again

stu62

Link Posted 13/11/2015 - 20:12
so if the rumors are true the 70/200 is delayed again
if it is true they should be ashamed

wvbarnes

Link Posted 13/11/2015 - 20:20
They could ask Tamron to put a Pentax mount (for a change) on the lens it's clearly derived from. Perhaps its still not good enough for the planned camera?

darkskies

Link Posted 13/11/2015 - 20:37
stu62 wrote:
so if the rumors are true the 70/200 is delayed again
if it is true they should be ashamed

This space deliberately left blank.

Gwyn

Link Posted 13/11/2015 - 21:26
Pentax have a history of this. The 60-250 took so long to be produced it took on a mythical status. It was worth the wait mind.

stu62

Link Posted 13/11/2015 - 21:33
and they want to be banging on the door of nikon and canon so rumor as it from members on here
(dont think so)
pentax are not even at lce show at the end of the month in southampton

darkskies

Link Posted 13/11/2015 - 22:09
stu62 wrote:
and they want to be banging on the door of nikon and canon so rumor as it from members on here
(dont think so)

stu62 wrote:
(dont think so)

If I were you I'd change to Canon or Nikon........please!
This space deliberately left blank.

Mag07

Link Posted 13/11/2015 - 22:11
I may be alone in my thinking - but I honestly do not believe companies have much obligations when it comes to arbitrary release dates. I'd much rather they took their time, even if it gets stretched beyond what some would consider reason; but deliver a proper product - instead of chasing the expectations of part of the client base and deliver crap, literally, on time,

Despite all the gloomy prognosis, Ricoh's finances are perfectly fine, that includes the Pentax. Let them do their jobs as they see fit. It's not like any photographer that uses Pentax products just can't live without that one lens.... And if anyone needs to jump ship because of a delay or two; well, than they have bigger issues than Pentax timely delivery :p
'Photography...it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten....' (Aaron Siskind)

davidstorm

Link Posted 13/11/2015 - 23:08
There's no use in anyone constantly complaining about Pentax delays / release dates etc. If anyone is unhappy, they can switch Brands if they wish. My take on it is that Pentax products always seem to be well constructed, well sorted and clearly well designed for the task in hand. I'm not convinced other Brands playing in the same arena (APS-C DSLR's) offer anything better, except possibly AF for moving subjects, which doesn't bother me as I rarely use it.

I appreciate the 'want / need' for full frame, but I doubt the real requirement for this with most amateur photographers, which I think most Pentaxians on this site are.

I'm happy for Ricoh Pentax to carry on as they are, in the knowlege they will probably not challenge Canon / Nikon in terms of volume sales, but will continue to produce high quality products which appeal to a certain type of photographer.

Regards
David
My Website http://imagesbydavidstorm.foliopic.com

Flickr

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

JAK

Link Posted 13/11/2015 - 23:36
Pentax usually get the designs right but are sometimes let down by component issues such as the sensor stains and issues with the flash components failing on the K-5. Perhaps they have learnt and are making sure quality is #1. If components have to be rejected it will of course delay things. I suspect they want to make sure that no issues will affect the FF model and the new lenses designed to go with it.
John K

Marat

Link Posted 13/11/2015 - 23:40
I'm with David and others on this as what's the rush, it's all very European in attitude to the release dates as in don't panic and rush things as it will arrive when it arrives, it's not like we have a FF camera to mount it on right now.

And also if anyone needed to upgrade to a FF camera and lenses, they had many many years, and brands, and models to do so by now, the market is full of choices.

Oh I already have a Pentax 70-200mm f2.8, it does say Tamron on it though but it's certainly good enough for me and my needs.
Last Edited by Marat on 13/11/2015 - 23:42

Daronl

Link Posted 14/11/2015 - 05:48
Well said David; I also feel that this could be much ado about nothing having had some extensive use of Nikon D810 and a Canon 6D recentlty just to get a real feel for FF .

i needed to get a new second body and eventually went for the K3 II after a comparative test and frankly I ike it much more in terms of handling I also concluded that to get any difference in lens peformance and I Q you would need the very expensive Canon / Nikon Pro lenses then the difference is only Marginal at best and only if you are massively cropping or printing very latge prints.

The Canon/Nikon prosumer grade lenses are definately not better than Pentax standards in build quality or IQ Pound tor Pound and in fact, if you are selective, lenses like the DA*s , the limiteds and the new HD lenses are unbeatable

As far as Ff goes, If I needed that little extra that comes from a big sensor then a 645 would do it anyway and again would be in the same price bracket as the pro Canon/Nikon FFs if you consider the combined lens and body prices.

As I said above , it is a fact that If you are not producing very large printed photos then whilst FF is nice to have it is not essential for IQ

In everything apart from Tracking Focus, eg (BIF) the Canons and Nikons are superior but I have definately not been dissappointed with the new HD 150-450 on this point.

Buying a FF for me now would just be "following product evolution" the same as anything else: when my 10yr old car needs replacing I will buy a newer product to replace it.

Since buying an HD 150-450 and the K3 II I haven't given the FF a thought and I did have a period of frustration at one point, but not anymore.

I have been with Pentax 50yrs + and will happily remain so.

So once again well said David.

Regards

Daronl

davidstorm wrote:
There's no use in anyone constantly complaining about Pentax delays / release dates etc. If anyone is unhappy, they can switch Brands if they wish. My take on it is that Pentax products always seem to be well constructed, well sorted and clearly well designed for the task in hand. I'm not convinced other Brands playing in the same arena (APS-C DSLR's) offer anything better, except possibly AF for moving subjects, which doesn't bother me as I rarely use it.

I appreciate the 'want / need' for full frame, but I doubt the real requirement for this with most amateur photographers, which I think most Pentaxians on this site are.

I'm happy for Ricoh Pentax to carry on as they are, in the knowlege they will probably not challenge Canon / Nikon in terms of volume sales, but will continue to produce high quality products which appeal to a certain type of photographer.

Regards
David

Daronl

michaelblue

Link Posted 14/11/2015 - 08:37
davidstorm wrote:

Well said David, wise words as always

Regards
David

Regards,
Michael
My new website:link

stu62

Link Posted 14/11/2015 - 10:01
if you prasie a company for getting it wrong they keep getting it wrong pentax executive should not hide behind closed doors and let roumors float about
they should have the balls to stand up and say we have made a cockup and we are working to put it right and it is possboned till we have it sorted
customers would respect them more for that
it would make more sence to not say they are going to do somthing untill it is all ready to go then they can give a deffant release date

sorry but they need to grow balls and admit they have got it wrong even if it is a third party componant
sorry for any spelling mistakes

davidstorm

Link Posted 14/11/2015 - 10:13
stu62 wrote:
if you prasie a company for getting it wrong they keep getting it wrong pentax executive should not hide behind closed doors and let roumors float about
they should have the balls to stand up and say we have made a cockup and we are working to put it right and it is possboned till we have it sorted
customers would respect them more for that
it would make more sence to not say they are going to do somthing untill it is all ready to go then they can give a deffant release date

sorry but they need to grow balls and admit they have got it wrong even if it is a third party componant
sorry for any spelling mistakes

Hi Stu, I wasn't praising them for getting it wrong, I was saying I'm happy with the products they have now and that there's no point in moaning about the FF launch being delayed. I'm pretty sure similar things happen all the time with other companies and I would prefer them to get something right before release rather than launching something that's not fully ready.

I also appreciate a lot of people get frustrated by not having a Pentax FF, but this doesn't apply to me at present. I think it's healthy to have a debate about these things; it all seemed to be a bit one-sided, i.e. more negative than positive.

Regards
David
My Website http://imagesbydavidstorm.foliopic.com

Flickr

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

stu62

Link Posted 14/11/2015 - 10:28
the positives are they can produce the goods
the negative is they wont stand up and say they have made a cock up wouldnt that be more apreshiaded by there customers than just keepin quiet as i said it is better to have the product tryed and tested befor they say they are going to release it than say it is going to be releast at a certan time and then delay and keep doing that it dose not do the brand any good
infact it puts prospectiff customers off and retailers from stocking the products and third party support as well
its as if they like shooting them selfs in the foot
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.