so delayed again


johnriley

Link Posted 14/11/2015 - 12:48
I think it's probably right that we are in general not get over excited about what is a rumour, especially without even a link to the rumour so we can assess its likely validity.

When we have a FF Pentax in our hands we might be ready to have the 70-200mm f/2.8, but until then it's a pretty optional lens IMHO.
Best regards, John

DrOrloff

Link Posted 14/11/2015 - 12:53
Personally I'm not going to leap in and buy a lens at its top price before the body and format for which it is designed is released. I'm with Dark Skies - Nikon and Canon do them now so go and buy them.
You can see some of my photos here if you are so inclined

stu62

Link Posted 14/11/2015 - 12:54
dosent any one find it strange that pentax are only able to do things through rumors

and are not even prepared to go out into the publicand face the Q that people would like to put to them

stu62

Link Posted 14/11/2015 - 12:56
so why as people gone and jumped in and bought the 150/450 as that is also designed for the ff

DrOrloff

Link Posted 14/11/2015 - 13:17

davidstorm

Link Posted 14/11/2015 - 13:26
Really, what's the point of all this negativity and complaining? The 150-450 works brilliantly on APS-C, so why shouldn't people go and buy it? Lots of the Pentax lenses will work on APS-C or Full Frame, it's clear that Pentax are lining up more for release to support the FF body and this is a must if they want to sell it in any numbers. It will take time for the releases to come out and as DrOrloff has said many people won't dive in and buy the lenses until the FF has been selling for a while.

It's all down to personal choice, as is the decision whether or not to buy a FF Nikon / Canon / Sony, there is no lack of equipment out there for potential FF users. Pentax are what they are, they will not change their approach in a hurry, we just decide to wait, or we decide to jump ship to another Brand.

For what it's worth, I view a lot of images produced on Nikon Full Frames from former Pentaxians and I don't see anything that makes me sit up in amazement or think 'wow I must have one of those'. I think Pentax have a lot of things right, in particular the colour balance IMO blows Nikon out of the water, much more natural results to my eye. I think the Pentax FF when it comes will be a magnificent beast, worth waiting for.

Regards
David
Flickr

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

stu62

Link Posted 14/11/2015 - 13:50
davidstorm wrote:
Really, what's the point of all this negativity and complaining? The 150-450 works brilliantly on APS-C, so why shouldn't people go and buy it? Lots of the Pentax lenses will work on APS-C or Full Frame, it's clear that Pentax are lining up more for release to support the FF body and this is a must if they want to sell it in any numbers. It will take time for the releases to come out and as DrOrloff has said many people won't dive in and buy the lenses until the FF has been selling for a while.

It's all down to personal choice, as is the decision whether or not to buy a FF Nikon / Canon / Sony, there is no lack of equipment out there for potential FF users. Pentax are what they are, they will not change their approach in a hurry, we just decide to wait, or we decide to jump ship to another Brand.

For what it's worth, I view a lot of images produced on Nikon Full Frames from former Pentaxians and I don't see anything that makes me sit up in amazement or think 'wow I must have one of those'. I think Pentax have a lot of things right, in particular the colour balance IMO blows Nikon out of the water, much more natural results to my eye. I think the Pentax FF when it comes will be a magnificent beast, worth waiting for.

Regards
David

yes pentax have got a lot right but every one seems to be missing the point that they have got totally wrong
and that is public relations they seem to be getting that wrong time after time

bwlchmawr

Link Posted 14/11/2015 - 14:03
Never mind Stu, look on the bright side: it'll give you a bit longer to save up.
Best wishes,

Andrew

"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference.  All of them can record what you are seeing.  But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050 http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05

redbusa99

Link Posted 14/11/2015 - 15:41
so Stu you would rather they throw it out there to keep you happy and then suffer the indignity of a recall when problems arise as per Volkswagon, Vauxhall, Toyota etc etc. anyone with any sense at all will know the delay is to ensure the product works as it should with no embarrassment to both the user or Ricoh . anyway did they not say somewhere that it was to carry out improvements they felt were required ? if so that is all you need to know.
K3 II and the odd lens or 2

Flickr

JAK

Link Posted 14/11/2015 - 15:56
According to Rice High Ricoh have recently filed a patent to improve AF sensitivity in the dark. Incorporating new research will naturally incur a delay but hopefully work better than what is out there now. I reckon that should be worth waiting for?
John K

tyronet2000

Link Posted 14/11/2015 - 17:04
I don't worry about what Ricoh are doing. I have two nice cameras, K-5IIs and K-S2 and a few lenses which fulfill all my needs. Lucky me
Regards
Stan

PPG

stu62

Link Posted 14/11/2015 - 17:36
redbusa99 wrote:
so Stu you would rather they throw it out there to keep you happy and then suffer the indignity of a recall when problems arise as per Volkswagon, Vauxhall, Toyota etc etc. anyone with any sense at all will know the delay is to ensure the product works as it should with no embarrassment to both the user or Ricoh . anyway did they not say somewhere that it was to carry out improvements they felt were required ? if so that is all you need to know.

what needs to be said is by pentax not the rumor mills but they havent got the balls to admit they have made a mistake
as i have said befor they should not say they are going to release a peoduct without it being read
doing somthing like that is suicide
it is not buissness sence
Last Edited by stu62 on 14/11/2015 - 17:38

JAK

Link Posted 14/11/2015 - 17:44
stu62 wrote:
what needs to be said is by pentax not the rumor mills but they havent got the balls to admit they have made a mistake
as i have said befor they should not say they are going to release a peoduct without it being read
doing somthing like that is suicide
it is not buissness sence

Sorry you're so uptight about its non appearance. It must be really frustrating having to wait a couple more months.
John K

50mpCMOS

Link Posted 15/11/2015 - 17:24
Quote:
lenses like the DA*s , the limiteds and the new HD lenses are unbeatable

Outside of price they are quite easily beatable
Last Edited by 50mpCMOS on 15/11/2015 - 17:24

michaelblue

Link Posted 15/11/2015 - 19:04
stu62 wrote:
redbusa99 wrote:
so Stu you would rather they throw it out there to keep you happy and then suffer the indignity of a recall when problems arise as per Volkswagon, Vauxhall, Toyota etc etc. anyone with any sense at all will know the delay is to ensure the product works as it should with no embarrassment to both the user or Ricoh . anyway did they not say somewhere that it was to carry out improvements they felt were required ? if so that is all you need to know.

what needs to be said is by pentax not the rumor mills but they havent got the balls to admit they have made a mistake
as i have said befor they should not say they are going to release a peoduct without it being read
doing somthing like that is suicide
it is not buissness sence

What mistake would that be?
Who said they made a mistake? Did you not read Jak's post above regarding "incorporating new research"
You seem to be making accusations and statements without anything to back them up
Regards,
Michael
My new website:link
Last Edited by michaelblue on 15/11/2015 - 19:05
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.