Snapshot in time Pentax Style

JammyBee

Link Posted 05/06/2014 - 05:12
Next March 20th is the next Solar eclipse,(visible in the UK) would it not be cool if we could get as many Pentax users as possible to take pictures at the same time where ever they are and put them all together in one gallery as our own Pentax Snapshot in time.
I am think more pictures of Solar watchers than the eclipse itself.
Plenty of time to plan something just thought I would put it out there as a big community project we could set up.
Peace James
My Flickr

Stuey

Link Posted 05/06/2014 - 12:16
Seems interesting to me
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link

SteveEveritt

Link Posted 05/06/2014 - 18:11
Sorry to put a dampener on it but...
"The path of totality is from just below the Greenland peninsula, heading north into the Arctic Circle, a course that takes it across the Russian island of Svalbard and also the Faero Islands, for a full 2 minutes 9 seconds of total solar eclipse."
Apparently you can get a boat from Newcastle that will take you there in time for it, guaranteed it'll be cloudy!

My Flickr link

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans" (John Lennon)

swarf

Link Posted 05/06/2014 - 22:33
SteveEveritt wrote:
"The path of totality is from just below the Greenland peninsula, heading north into the Arctic Circle, a course that takes it across the Russian island of Svalbard and also the Faero Islands, for a full 2 minutes 9 seconds of total solar eclipse."
Apparently you can get a boat from Newcastle that will take you there in time for it, guaranteed it'll be cloudy!

....but the partial will be visible from the UK, so it could be a runner.

Phil
K-5iiS; K-r; ME Super; ME; DA* 16-50 f2.8; DA 18-135 WR; DA 55-300 WR; HD DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited; FA 50mm f1.4; A50mm f1.7; DAL 18-55mm; M40mm f2.8; + assorted non-Pentax lenses

My Flikr Page link

JammyBee

Link Posted 05/06/2014 - 22:56
swarf wrote:
SteveEveritt wrote:

....but the partial will be visible from the UK, so it could be a runner.

Phil

Yes sorry I should have said that it would be partial for most of us. Just think it could create an interesting album.
Peace James
My Flickr
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.