SMC 85mm f/2 @ f/4

K10D
Posted 20/04/2010 - 17:09 Link
Taken with the lens on my K7.

This portrait lens had a lot of use many years ago as a wedding lens.

Comment Image


Regards
Too far from a shore.
hefty1
Posted 20/04/2010 - 21:53 Link
I picked up a copy of this lens a couple of weeks ago as part of a larger kit and expected to be shifting it onto eBay shortly thereafter - after a few days with it though it's rapidly becoming one of my favourite lenses and my FA77 is looking worried...

I find it's particularly good at reproducing reds. I've been shooting the tulips in the garden and I'm getting a vibrancy that, while not quite true to life, is simply sumptuous! The contrast seems a little lower than my DA lenses so maybe that's playing a part? I've not taken any people-portraits with it yet but I've got a feeling it'll be a cracker.
Joining the Q
bretti_kivi
Posted 20/04/2010 - 22:04 Link
mine is an absolute PIG to focus at f2. But the rendering! Wow, is it worth it... yes, it most definitely is.

Bret
my pics: link
my kit: K3, K5, K-01, DA 18-55, D-FA50 macro, Siggy 30/1.4, 100-300/f4, 70-200/2.8, Samsung 12-24/f4, Tamron 17-50, and lots of other bits.
Edited by bretti_kivi: 20/04/2010 - 22:06
K10D
Posted 21/04/2010 - 08:29 Link
Taken this morning. Same lens. Tulip was still closed due to 3'C temperature.

Comment Image


One of my best SMC M series lenses. Even remember driving over to Bolton to buy it at Mather's.
Too far from a shore.
i-Berg
Posted 21/04/2010 - 08:58 Link
That 1st shot really conveys the depth, as well as being sharp.
K10D
Posted 21/04/2010 - 09:07 Link
This goes against the grain. Literally just shot through a double glazed French door window.

Comment Image


The actual window.

Comment Image


IQ is not destroyed. IMO.

Regards
Too far from a shore.
Edited by K10D: 21/04/2010 - 09:13
i-Berg
Posted 21/04/2010 - 09:23 Link
It appears to have done a good grab through the glass.
hefty1
Posted 21/04/2010 - 10:13 Link
Your shot of the tulip shows the other thing I like about this lens - the bokeh is very "painterly", like someone has filled in the background with a very broad brush giving an impressionistic feel to photos. Lovely stuff
Joining the Q

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo