Silent Members
Posted 22/10/2014 - 23:13
Link
That last image (the clean up after filming the opening fight scene in Gladiator) is very good.
Best regards
Best regards
Too far from a shore.
Posted 23/10/2014 - 10:04
Link
Thanks guys. Apologies if you're seeing a colour cast in the first two. I accidentally uploaded the soft-proofed versions with the colours adjusted for printing. Oops.
Dave
Dave
Posted 08/11/2014 - 09:52
Link
I used to be more active...then I became a father, I will be posting more pictures once I put together a new computer...
Posted 08/11/2014 - 10:20
Link
That will be a shame Stan. I don't know what further adjustments will be made, but I'm personally not finding it too bright, just light and airy and quite modern in its feel. I like it, as do many others, but I wasn't sure at first.
As for silent members, every club has them. It's nice to see people confident to join in, but also it's fine to simply read and watch if that's what someone wants. I'd like to see more people joining in the competitions, but it would also make it harder for the judges and maybe some are afraid they'll win!
As for silent members, every club has them. It's nice to see people confident to join in, but also it's fine to simply read and watch if that's what someone wants. I'd like to see more people joining in the competitions, but it would also make it harder for the judges and maybe some are afraid they'll win!
Best regards, John
Posted 08/11/2014 - 11:30
Link
johnriley wrote:
That will be a shame Stan. I don't know what further adjustments will be made, but I'm personally not finding it too bright, just light and airy and quite modern in its feel. I like it, as do many others, but I wasn't sure at first.
As for silent members, every club has them. It's nice to see people confident to join in, but also it's fine to simply read and watch if that's what someone wants. I'd like to see more people joining in the competitions, but it would also make it harder for the judges and maybe some are afraid they'll win!
I agree with your second paragraph John. Being a complete novice, I do enter competitions,secretly hoping I dont win. There is no way I could comment on other peoples entries the way some judges do. About the new look, I agree that the wordings could be made bolder, they do seem to fade into the background. Ken
That will be a shame Stan. I don't know what further adjustments will be made, but I'm personally not finding it too bright, just light and airy and quite modern in its feel. I like it, as do many others, but I wasn't sure at first.
As for silent members, every club has them. It's nice to see people confident to join in, but also it's fine to simply read and watch if that's what someone wants. I'd like to see more people joining in the competitions, but it would also make it harder for the judges and maybe some are afraid they'll win!
Posted 08/11/2014 - 16:31
Link
tyronet2000 wrote:
The good news is my left eye is getting a little better, I can make out the first letter and second row, if I move my head about, of an opticians test card. Still plagued with double vision but in a couple of months it may be worth getting new specs. Consultant was talking about sticking a needle in my eye, if he feels it necessary, in two months time. Personally I'm looking forward to that as much as I'd look forward to licking cat's pee off nettles. Still mustn't complain
If the needle does the trick the it will be worth it Stan but not something to look forward to. Best wishes for your recovery.The good news is my left eye is getting a little better, I can make out the first letter and second row, if I move my head about, of an opticians test card. Still plagued with double vision but in a couple of months it may be worth getting new specs. Consultant was talking about sticking a needle in my eye, if he feels it necessary, in two months time. Personally I'm looking forward to that as much as I'd look forward to licking cat's pee off nettles. Still mustn't complain
BTW love your cat's pee analogy.
David
PPG: http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout
Posted 08/11/2014 - 17:19
Link
davidtrout wrote:
BTW love your cat's pee analogy.
David
PPG: http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout
tyronet2000 wrote:
The good news is my left eye is getting a little better, I can make out the first letter and second row, if I move my head about, of an opticians test card. Still plagued with double vision but in a couple of months it may be worth getting new specs. Consultant was talking about sticking a needle in my eye, if he feels it necessary, in two months time. Personally I'm looking forward to that as much as I'd look forward to licking cat's pee off nettles. Still mustn't complain
If the needle does the trick the it will be worth it Stan but not something to look forward to. Best wishes for your recovery.The good news is my left eye is getting a little better, I can make out the first letter and second row, if I move my head about, of an opticians test card. Still plagued with double vision but in a couple of months it may be worth getting new specs. Consultant was talking about sticking a needle in my eye, if he feels it necessary, in two months time. Personally I'm looking forward to that as much as I'd look forward to licking cat's pee off nettles. Still mustn't complain
BTW love your cat's pee analogy.
David
PPG: http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout
Best wishes,
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Posted 08/11/2014 - 17:20
Link
Best wishes with your treatment, Stan. We tend to take good eye-sight for granted, and a lot of other blessings as well...
Best wishes,
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Posted 08/11/2014 - 18:32
Link
Best of Luck Stan. I won't be ruining my eyesight trying to read the grey body
text on here much longer.
--
text on here much longer.
--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Posted 09/11/2014 - 00:46
Link
Just to emphasise for newbies (like me) Stan is clearly a highly respected time-served member and he was one of the first to offer encouragement to me on this site. Very best wishes for a successful outcome Stan.
Posted 09/11/2014 - 17:40
Link
tyronet2000 wrote:
Consultant was talking about sticking a needle in my eye, if he feels it necessary, in two months time. Personally I'm looking forward to that as much as I'd look forward to licking cat's pee off nettles. Still mustn't complain
Stan, it sounds awful but is not so bad. I had eye surgery for a tear in the retina a few years ago the surgery was short and painless. Good luck though.
Consultant was talking about sticking a needle in my eye, if he feels it necessary, in two months time. Personally I'm looking forward to that as much as I'd look forward to licking cat's pee off nettles. Still mustn't complain
Posted 12/11/2014 - 20:01
Link
K30pete wrote:
I'm one of those lurkers I must admit..
As I only started out with photography just over a year ago I regard myself as a beginner, therefore I don't feel I could actually contribute that much yet.
And secondly, as English isn't my first language it can be a real struggle to write things down correctly...
Peter
I know what you mean Peter, I have the same issue with English too I'm one of those lurkers I must admit..
As I only started out with photography just over a year ago I regard myself as a beginner, therefore I don't feel I could actually contribute that much yet.
And secondly, as English isn't my first language it can be a real struggle to write things down correctly...
Peter
I might be a happy owner of a K3 - - sorry no really posh glass yet -- with a Sigma 18-250mm Lens and I might love trying for better and better photographs but that doesn't mean I'm any kind of authority.
Having said this I will try to add my 2p worth and not be too much of lurker
Reggie
Despite having an implausible lack of skill I do have enthusiasm, an OCD level of persistence and the love of cake.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


6913 posts
17 years
Co. Durham UK
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/