Sigma APO Macro 180mm f2.8 MF samples

SteveEveritt

Link Posted 04/11/2011 - 18:27
Caught this snail traversing the grand canyon, OK the gap between two bricks. Took the shots with the 180 macro and boy is this going to be a fun lens. I should have increased the F stop a little to get more in focus but I wanted to see what it would be like wide open. One of the shots (or maybe two is at f4) the other(s) f2.8, natural light and hand held.

My Flickr link

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans" (John Lennon)

Charlotte

Link Posted 04/11/2011 - 19:44
Looks good Steve,

I particularly like the first shot.
It must be nice to take piccies without fear of poking the creature in the eye.

Look forward to seeing more shots when you give it a proper workout.
Kind regards
Charlotte
Pentax Photo Gallery
Photography blog

Stuey

Link Posted 04/11/2011 - 20:48
I think that you have just answered your 'how good is it question '

I feel a long list of potential buyers may be forming a queue should you look to sell it in the future
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link

SteveEveritt

Link Posted 04/11/2011 - 22:09
Very true Charlotte, at last I will have some distance between camera and subject, well a bit more than 2-4 inches anyway.

Stuey , as a first go I am stoked, I still can't believe no-one snapped it up, and mightily pleased they didn't.
My Flickr link

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans" (John Lennon)

davidstorm

Link Posted 04/11/2011 - 23:19
Steve, number 1 is is very good, definitely the best of the bunch and that lens looks like it is a peach! I like using my SMC Takumar 135 F3.5 for close-ups, but this requires a full set of tubes and becomes a bit cumbersome. Well done on both your purchase and your pictures.

Regards
David
Flickr

Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

trickletreat

Link Posted 05/11/2011 - 10:41
the question about the lens has certainly been answered, and a great composition to boot.
Nigel

Mannesty

Link Posted 05/11/2011 - 14:06
I think you may be pleasantly surprised when you can take some with the lens stopped down a little. Try f8-f16 for best sharpness.
Peter E Smith

My flickr Photostream

aliengrove

Link Posted 06/11/2011 - 09:01
the first one is the pick of the bunch for me, I really like the shallow DOF
Flurble

My Website
PPG
flickr
G+
Facebook
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.