sigma 18-35 1.8 art

reso
Posted 29/12/2021 - 17:15 Link
Advice on the above lens please
good points and bad
how is it on a k5 iis
k5iis sigma 10-20 hsm tamron 17-50 pentax da 18-135 pentax A 50 f 1;1 7
pentax da*60-250 pentax da 55-300 sigma apo 150-500 hsm os pentax af1.7 adapter
Pentax af aw 1.4 rear converter and a flash
StephenHampshire
Posted 29/12/2021 - 18:48 Link
I used mine on a vanilla K5. I found the autofocus could be inconsistent, but I was using it mostly in very low light and in Tungsten light, which are not the K5's strengths. Sharpness was good, especially from 2.2 down. I still have it, but not used it in anger for a long time as I mostly shoot with a K1 now. Probably out to get rid of a numbr of my APS-C only lenses as even the K3 gets little use these days! The 18-35 is quite a large lens, but the range was useful
Mike-P
Posted 30/12/2021 - 07:58 Link
I have always found Sigma lenses inconsistent when it comes to focusing, especially the HSM versions and even the primes. I would dial them in with the focus adjustment on the camera and it would be spot on until the next time I mounted it when it would be out again even though it was still showing as adjusted.

The screw drive lenses were mostly fine which is why I still have a few.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo