Shutter Release Cable!!

kAmIkAsE

Link Posted 17/02/2014 - 20:48
I have been reading a whole lot about the shutter release cable for my Pentax K50.
But there are so many different prices, though on the photo they look almost the same.
I would go to the cheapest one but don't want to end up buying another one.

Is there any anyone that can indicate me a good one, I would appreciate it.

Nowadays it is so difficult to buy something errrr

^^

stub

Link Posted 17/02/2014 - 22:12
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Remote-Cord-Control-C1-for-Pentax-K100D-K10D-K200D-K20...
K-1Gripped K-1 ungripped K-5ii K7 Various lenses

Stuart..

ronniemac

Link Posted 17/02/2014 - 22:37
If it's good you want, I recommend the Pentax O-RC1. It does everything without having to attach to the camera via cable, it's weather proof, and it is minuscule. It costs approx 20 - more than the price of a pint but in the overall scheme of things, still not costly. Available from most suppliers, e.g. SRS or Bristol Cameras.

Still, if you fancy a quiet night out in your local pub as well, Stuart has the right idea.

Me? I stayed in that night.
Last Edited by ronniemac on 17/02/2014 - 22:38

richandfleur

Link Posted 17/02/2014 - 22:48
I got a very cheap infra red button shutter release unit from DX.com
Ebay would have some I'm sure.

How useful this is depends on what you want to achieve, but you can set bulb mode to start and stop on separate button pushes etc.

Just thought I'd mention it.

kAmIkAsE

Link Posted 18/02/2014 - 01:43
richandfleur wrote:
I got a very cheap infra red button shutter release unit from DX.com
Ebay would have some I'm sure.

How useful this is depends on what you want to achieve, but you can set bulb mode to start and stop on separate button pushes etc.

Just thought I'd mention it.

Thank you. But I am still trying to figure out how to do a long exposure (like 2 min or more) without the release cable ^^

Steep

Link Posted 18/02/2014 - 08:37
If you have a smartphone with infra red out you can get a remote control app that will let you set the exposure time.

Failing that I bought one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271327714314?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1... a few weeks ago and it works fine.

richandfleur

Link Posted 18/02/2014 - 09:27
kAmIkAsE wrote:

Thank you. But I am still trying to figure out how to do a long exposure (like 2 min or more) without the release cable ^^

Change the settings to one flash to start bulb mode / one flash to end bulb mode. Then...

Put the camera shot type function into IR mode.
Put the camera into Bulb mode with the mode selection wheel.
Focus up your shot as required.
Press the IR remote once, which will start bulb mode.
Start your timer on your watch/phone/egg timer etc.
Wait 2 minutes.
Press the IR remote a 2nd time to end the shot.

Helpful

kAmIkAsE

Link Posted 18/02/2014 - 16:22
hum, feeling a bit silly now, after a week of trying to find out how to set Bulb on my K50, by accident whilst reading the manual, again, found that on the main wheel, there is a B mode which is bulb.. oh well, still learning ^^

Thank you richandfleur
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.