Shrouded Building

Karl
Posted 30/04/2011 - 17:55 Link
Came across this building undergoing renovation work just outside of central Leeds. I liked the contrast of the white shrouding against the lovely blue sky we had today. Comments and suggestions welcome...

Shot 1
Comment Image


Shot 2
Comment Image
https://pentaxphotogallery.com" target="_blank">https://pentaxphotogallery.com/images/black_link_small.jpg" alt="See my photos featured in the PENTAX Photogallery" />
snappychappy
Posted 30/04/2011 - 17:57 Link
Nice contrast's as you say, could be more interesting, like the second shot best the plane works well for the scale of the image.
Karl
Posted 30/04/2011 - 17:58 Link
Agreed, I really like no. 2 with the plane.
https://pentaxphotogallery.com" target="_blank">https://pentaxphotogallery.com/images/black_link_small.jpg" alt="See my photos featured in the PENTAX Photogallery" />
snappychappy
Posted 30/04/2011 - 18:56 Link
They both remind me of a ship's sail.
Karl
Posted 30/04/2011 - 19:23 Link
Yes I can see that.
https://pentaxphotogallery.com" target="_blank">https://pentaxphotogallery.com/images/black_link_small.jpg" alt="See my photos featured in the PENTAX Photogallery" />
snappychappy
Posted 30/04/2011 - 19:52 Link
Keep meaning to get round Leeds and get some architectural shot's it has some very interesting buildings.
Karl
Posted 30/04/2011 - 20:11 Link
3rd weekend running for me this week, can't get enough at the moment, loads of new buildings.
https://pentaxphotogallery.com" target="_blank">https://pentaxphotogallery.com/images/black_link_small.jpg" alt="See my photos featured in the PENTAX Photogallery" />
snappychappy
Posted 30/04/2011 - 21:01 Link
Am only a ten minute bus ride away in Wakefield, have you seen the new Hepworth gallery here.30million for a grey breezeblock, unbelievable.
Karl
Posted 30/04/2011 - 21:03 Link
No I havent, I'll check it out on line.
Have you seen that new building in Leeds near the uni that has been built to rust?
https://pentaxphotogallery.com" target="_blank">https://pentaxphotogallery.com/images/black_link_small.jpg" alt="See my photos featured in the PENTAX Photogallery" />
snappychappy
Posted 30/04/2011 - 21:09 Link
No, haven't seen that, but I just love the colour of rust. Here is a shot of the Hepworth gallery, open's sometime in May.


Comment Image
Karl
Posted 30/04/2011 - 21:37 Link
I see what you mean, not very inspiring is it?

The rust building is next on my list I think.
I cycled it into Leeds today with camera in a rucksack. Really good way to get round the city, but as I live out near Otley it ended up being a 26 mile job.
https://pentaxphotogallery.com" target="_blank">https://pentaxphotogallery.com/images/black_link_small.jpg" alt="See my photos featured in the PENTAX Photogallery" />
snappychappy
Posted 30/04/2011 - 21:44 Link
A good hours ride there then, I cycle to work everyday, but it is only a 10min ride.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo