SHDC cards

Paulm0bsw
Posted 22/04/2009 - 15:10 Link
May be, I hope so I have been going there for years, glad to know Kingston cards are fine.
Paul
Unlocker
Posted 22/04/2009 - 16:20 Link
shim wrote:
Sandisk Extreme's are the worst cards I've ever used.
There were a lot of fakes doing the rounds shim, you may have ended up with some of them? My experience is that I wouldn't have anything else.
MGraley
Posted 22/04/2009 - 16:24 Link
Unlocker wrote:

There were a lot of fakes doing the rounds shim, you may have ended up with some of them? My experience is that I wouldn't have anything else.
Ooh-er! I think I may have found one! Mine works OK but it is as slow as my other ordinary ones!
Will let you know if I find out more.......
alig
Posted 22/04/2009 - 16:30 Link
I've used the Sandisk Extremes and have had no problems.
(touch wood)

ali
Cheers

Ali

ist* DS & Ricoh GR
shim
Posted 22/04/2009 - 19:00 Link
The Sandisk Extremes I have are genuine, they show up correctly on meaninless benchmark tests. I changed one of them twice. It must be the cards not the camera because every other card I've tried works in the camera. My Pure Evoke 3 DAB Radio won't work with Standard Sandisk 512k and 1GB cards either but Toshiba's and Kingston are fine. I use one Extreme in my Minolta F300.

The best thing is don't buy too many of one make in case they don't work in your next camera. I have loads of 1GB and 2GB and now that I have started using 4GB I have bought Toshiba (1 Black, 1 Blue)and Fuji so far. I may buy a Lexar 133x when the price drops because I have two of the 2GB version and they are superb cards.

Having different makes also avoids confusion about which cards you have used. Currently I'm just using the Fuji 133x 4GB and have the black Toshiba ready as a second card.

shim
Paulm0bsw
Posted 22/04/2009 - 19:20 Link
Having read all these comments cards seem to be as quirky as DSLR cameras
shim
Posted 22/04/2009 - 19:44 Link
Typing "sandisk card won't work" into Google seems to produce a lot of hits including one on Amazon where 10 out of 39 reviews gave the card just 1 point (maybe they have to give that as the minimum).

shim

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo