Settings dial on AF360FGZ

confused
Posted 06/07/2007 - 12:58 Link
I have been experimenting with the settings on my AF-360FGZ and I find the settings dial takes quite a lot of force to turn it. It is not so much force as to not be useable but a bit much to be able to set with my thumb.

I was just wondering what other peoples were like and do they need a bit of running in?
Rodger Fooks
Posted 06/07/2007 - 13:08 Link
Same on mine but I don't use the dial much guess it may run in eventually.
Old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read.
amoringello
Posted 06/07/2007 - 13:42 Link
Yeah, mine too. I often have to grab with two or three finger to get control of the thing. If I shove it with enough force from one finger, it tends to spin fast enough that the values go in the opposite direction. Rather frustrating...

I've had my 360 about three or four years and my 540 maybe a year and a half? The dials have not loosened up, so we're pretty much stuck with it.
MattMatic
Posted 06/07/2007 - 13:58 Link
Mine is a real early AF360 (around the MZ-S era). The dial is a bit of a pain - but I think I use a fingernail rather than trying to rotate the edge.

I noticed they've changed it on the AF540 so it's easier to rotate from the side.
Matt
http://www.mattmatic.co.uk
(For gallery, tips and links)
Ammonyte
Posted 06/07/2007 - 18:13 Link
Yep, I've a stiff one too.



Oooh no missues (etc etc)

Tribute to Frankie Howard ends here.
Tim the Ammonyte
--------------
K10D & sundry toys
http://www.ammonyte.com/photos.html
confused
Posted 06/07/2007 - 18:40 Link
Cheers for the replies, at least it means I have not got a duff flash

Better get practicing some thumb exercises.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo