setting time in GTM

almierau

Link Posted 05/10/2008 - 17:11
For an upcoming 30 day photo shoot I wanted my K10d to be set in 24 hour, GMT format, to slave into gps co-ordinates from my Garmin. So I set the camera to 24 hour, , fine. . So I tested this at 1700 hours yesterday. The image exif data still pops up at 500pm, not 1700. Any way around this? I'd like to operate in GMT time since we will be going through quite a few time zones.

Mannesty

Link Posted 05/10/2008 - 17:45
Perhaps the EXIF display is dependant on you PC's setting.
Peter E Smith

My flickr Photostream

Gwyn

Link Posted 05/10/2008 - 20:10
I use a GPS logger and have no problems with a 24hr clock. the program I use to add the GPS data to the exif is Locr (www.locr.com) and that requires that your camera is on exactly the same time as your computer.

almierau

Link Posted 05/10/2008 - 20:18
thanks. I never even thought about the computer clock affair, but that sure does make sense.
I'm using RoboGeo and it works just fine, it was just the 24 hour issue that had me going here. I'm a ham operator from the mid 60s and quite comfortable working in UTC time only.
al

Gwyn wrote:
I use a GPS logger and have no problems with a 24hr clock. the program I use to add the GPS data to the exif is Locr (www.locr.com) and that requires that your camera is on exactly the same time as your computer.

Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.