Serif Affinity Photo

davesexton

Link Posted 17/04/2017 - 09:25
JAK wrote:
Do Serif still spam you with phone calls and emails. That was the worst part of obtaining their products! Endless calls and emails when a new version came out or a new product they'd bought in and try and sell it to you.

This was a concern when I bought into Affinity Photo. I had been a Photo Plus user and was HOUNDED by emails and sometimes even calls to my mobile. Happily, this no longer seems to be the case. I will reserve full judgement until the next version is out. However, for now, it seems they have stopped the aggressive sales calls/emails.
Capture: Pentax K-1, PENTAX HD PENTAX-D FA 24-70mm F2.8 ED SDM WR, PENTAX 100mm f/2.8 WR Macro, SAMYANG 14mm F2.8 ED AS IF UMC, SAMYANG 35mm F1.4 AS UMC, SAMYANG 85mm F1.4 AS IF UMC

Processing: Adobe Bridge for organisation, DxO Optics Pro Elite for RAW development, ON1 Photo RAW for some 'stylising' and Affintiy Photo for more involved edits.

davesexton

Link Posted 17/04/2017 - 09:29
alfpics wrote:
autumnlight wrote:
Is it a stand alone product?

Yep!! (However I don't think it has a browser)

You can get Adobe Bridge Free if you want a browser. See the link below.

link
Capture: Pentax K-1, PENTAX HD PENTAX-D FA 24-70mm F2.8 ED SDM WR, PENTAX 100mm f/2.8 WR Macro, SAMYANG 14mm F2.8 ED AS IF UMC, SAMYANG 35mm F1.4 AS UMC, SAMYANG 85mm F1.4 AS IF UMC

Processing: Adobe Bridge for organisation, DxO Optics Pro Elite for RAW development, ON1 Photo RAW for some 'stylising' and Affintiy Photo for more involved edits.

johnriley

Link Posted 17/04/2017 - 09:48
I have three images sent to me in afphoto format, but don't have any means to open them. If anyone has the means and is willing, please PM me so I can e-mail you the pictures and you can resave them in a format that Photoshop can handle. That is, JPEG, TIFF or PSD ideally.

Can anyone help?
Best regards, John
Last Edited by johnriley on 17/04/2017 - 09:49

wvbarnes

Link Posted 17/04/2017 - 10:38
Hi John, I have Serif's Affinity Photo. I'll PM you.

johnriley wrote:
I have three images sent to me in afphoto format, but don't have any means to open them. If anyone has the means and is willing, please PM me so I can e-mail you the pictures and you can resave them in a format that Photoshop can handle. That is, JPEG, TIFF or PSD ideally.

Can anyone help?

johnriley

Link Posted 17/04/2017 - 11:03
That's great Bill, I've e-mailed you the images. Many thanks!
Best regards, John

miles500

Link Posted 17/04/2017 - 11:11
I have trialled this program which looks very promising but its Achilles heel is that it runs very slowly on my PC and takes ages to open a RAW file even though my PC has plenty of RAM.
Miles

wvbarnes

Link Posted 17/04/2017 - 13:37
Hi,

The current version of Affinity photo is 1.5.1.54 with a very long list of updates/upgrades. Unlike the old Serif programs that auto updated you have to visit your account and download the full newer version. Piracy prevention i guess.

On my relatively old Lenovo PC, 3 series 3.4 GHZ i7 Intel processor, 16 gb RAM, 2GB video card (no fancy SSD) it performs well. I do find first file startup slow so I leave it open when working on a number of files, when it is quick then to respond.

miles500 wrote:
I have trialled this program which looks very promising but its Achilles heel is that it runs very slowly on my PC and takes ages to open a RAW file even though my PC has plenty of RAM.

Last Edited by wvbarnes on 17/04/2017 - 13:37

wvbarnes

Link Posted 17/04/2017 - 15:25
Trial Version for those interested. https://affinity.serif.com/blog/free-trials-now-available-for-windows-users/

wvbarnes wrote:
Hi,

The current version of Affinity photo is 1.5.1.54 with a very long list of updates/upgrades. Unlike the old Serif programs that auto updated you have to visit your account and download the full newer version. Piracy prevention i guess.

On my relatively old Lenovo PC, 3 series 3.4 GHZ i7 Intel processor, 16 gb RAM, 2GB video card (no fancy SSD) it performs well. I do find first file startup slow so I leave it open when working on a number of files, when it is quick then to respond.

miles500 wrote:

Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.