Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Sepia and B/W

puma
Posted 13/01/2011 - 19:22 Link
Has anyone every used a technique where you try using two photo shots one b/w and sepia they look great so that’s 50% b/w 50% sepia and if so what’s it called? Or have I hit on some think hear??
PPG link
Don
Posted 13/01/2011 - 19:26 Link
Not sure where you going there...
In programs like Aperture, it is easy to make a photo Sepia then adjust the amount of sepia to renge from subtle aging right through to very harsh yellowing... for example...
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.
sandinista
Posted 13/01/2011 - 19:32 Link
Do you mean merging two seperate shots together, one sepia and one mono? If so, no I haven't, and you are potentially a genius if you have invented a new technique.
Great simplicity is only won by an intense moment or by years of intelligent effort. T.S Eliot

Gear Not enough!!
PPG
Flickr
My not so new website
Edited by sandinista: 13/01/2011 - 19:32
puma
Posted 13/01/2011 - 19:54 Link
Yes i do mean merging two seperate shots together, one sepia and one mono
PPG link
johnriley
Posted 13/01/2011 - 23:23 Link
You can do this with any number of different colours, but why not post an example so we can see for ourselves what you have achieved?
Best regards, John
Aero
Posted 14/01/2011 - 01:49 Link
This may not be what you're aiming for but the duotone technique can be pretty effective. There's a tutorial of sorts here geared to Photoshop, but most image editing packages work in much the same way.

Al
i-Berg
Posted 14/01/2011 - 06:56 Link
It might be simpler to first create a BW image in post, then add sepia to it?
puma
Posted 14/01/2011 - 19:16 Link
johnriley wrote:
You can do this with any number of different colours, but why not post an example so we can see for ourselves what you have achieved?

i will upload the photo in the Gallery
PPG link

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.