Selling up again...

jules

Link Posted 16/09/2012 - 10:13
I have been suffering of late with bad arthritis and sciatica, I've had tinnitus for about three years and I'm hardly getting any sleep, all coupled together it's left me very sore fatigued,irritable and tired, Just not fun to be around! I've been struggling to get out into the hills to get my pictures and since I got my second K5 have managed just shy of a thousand shots, Recently I have been diagnosed with a chronic case of Dysthymia (neurotic depression)and basically I'm unable to get out much at all, let alone try and run a Landcape Photography business, In truth I've only picked up the camera once in about two months,and so it's with great regret I must let my Camera gear go, the reality of having to buy food etc bites hard.
K5 like new less than a thousand shots as near to £500 as you can please
Sigma 8-16mm again like new and a superb lens, £325
Pentax 17-70mm F4 SDM again like new £250
and finally my beloved but hardly used 60-250mm SDM, actually only been on the camera three times and again like new, I'd like to see £775 since it cost me a thousand but very near best offer will do,
Will post pics if required but they'll be taken on my Cameraphone so don't expect much!
I'm putting all the gear back in it's boxes, lest I change my mind!
Alas it has to be done...
Cheers Jules...
tri-elmar-fudd

Back in the room!
“The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it.”...Ansel Adams
www.exaggeratedperspectives.com

Defragged

Link Posted 16/09/2012 - 10:46
That's a very, very sad post Jules. There's no merit in getting older but this wonderful hobby we have can be very therapeutic. To get out whatever the weather and peer through your viewfinder can be a great aid to forgetting one's ills and worries. However, I'm sure you haven't taken this decision without a lot of heart searching so very best wishes to you.
It looks like you've got some great bargains there so I doubt it will take long to find some buyers. Good luck....
C.O.L.B.A.S victim
(Compulsive Obsessive Lens Buying Addiction Syndrome)

What you need are lenses, more lenses, bigger lenses, better lenses, faster lenses, and when you have these, your pictures will be perfect!

CoDa

Link Posted 16/09/2012 - 13:20
Defragged wrote:
That's a very, very sad post Jules. There's no merit in getting older but this wonderful hobby we have can be very therapeutic. To get out whatever the weather and peer through your viewfinder can be a great aid to forgetting one's ills and worries. However, I'm sure you haven't taken this decision without a lot of heart searching so very best wishes to you.
It looks like you've got some great bargains there so I doubt it will take long to find some buyers. Good luck....

I totally agree, good luck for the future.
Colin

“Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little.”
Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)

jules

Link Posted 16/09/2012 - 14:08
Problem now is that I'm struggling to concentrate even when I'm Photographing, and usually forget a vital setting or end up with everything shot in Jpeg, or the focus turned off, or shoot a load of Landscapes at F2.8, frustrates the hell out of me! I don't think it's helping my health anymore, which I always felt it did in the past, so it feels like a good time to duck out...
Cheers Jules...
tri-elmar-fudd

Back in the room!
“The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it.”...Ansel Adams

Mike-P

Link Posted 16/09/2012 - 14:26
Sorry to hear that Jules, looks like you need to walk away from it all for a while. Hope you feel better in the future and don't be a stranger

Would have that 8-16mm off you but I never use the Sigma 12-24mm I have already so I think it would be wasted on me. Surprised the 17-70mm is still here 4 hours on .. although I don't think you are the only one finding things a bit hard atm to be honest.
No equipment list here but thanks for taking an interest. My Flickr

jules

Link Posted 16/09/2012 - 14:37
Thanks mike,
It may be for the best but it doesn't feel great!
I'll not go far, it's by far the freindliest community of the lot really!
How'd you like the 7D?
The gear will sell and life will go on I guess but I'll always have some pentax around me even if it's only the lenses in me glasses
Cheers Jules...
tri-elmar-fudd

Back in the room!

Blythman

Link Posted 16/09/2012 - 14:55
Why not get yourself a Q Jules. It may put some fun back into it. I don't use mine seriously. But I enjoy it.
Alan

PPG
Flickr

judderman62

Link Posted 16/09/2012 - 16:32
sorry to hear about your issues - hope you can get some relief from them.

hope your kit sells at the prices you would wish for.
- -
Mike

Pentax K5 / Pentax K5 11/ Pentax K200D / Canon Rebel T1 i / Canon 650D / Pentax MX-1 / Fuji XF1 /Fuji X 10 / Canon EOS-M / Canon G10/ Pentax Mz-7 x 2

JohnX

Link Posted 16/09/2012 - 16:59
PM sent re K-5

lgriffiths

Link Posted 16/09/2012 - 19:19
Liked the photos on your website, makes me want to visit the Manchester science museum.

Pm sent re 8-16mm

jemx99

Link Posted 16/09/2012 - 19:29
Very sorry to hear you aren't too well Jules - hope you are feeling better soon - all the best.

Stuey

Link Posted 16/09/2012 - 19:40
Sorry to hear that youare not well Jules - good luck.
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link

maurisimo

Link Posted 16/09/2012 - 21:41
PM sent re 17-70mm
Rich S

abam48

Link Posted 16/09/2012 - 23:40
PM sent re K5

Frogfish

Link Posted 17/09/2012 - 01:45
Defragged wrote:

+ 1 to the above.

Very sorry to hear of your afflictions Jules. We can only hope that time will resolve some of them. Good luck.
http://frogfish.smugmug.com/ Pentax. Pentax DA*300/4, Cosina 55/1.2, Lens Baby Composer Pro & Edge 80, AFA x1.7, Metz 50 af1.
Nikon. D800. D600. Sigma 500/4.5, Nikon 300/2.8 VRII, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 35/2.0, Sigma 50/1.4, Nikkor 85/1.8, Nikon TC20EIII, Nikon TC14EII, Kenko x1.4, Sigma 2.0
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.