Selling up again...

jules
Posted 23/09/2012 - 08:10 Link
PIRATE wrote:
Mike-P wrote:
PIRATE wrote:
Ahoy!

What's the history of the K-5 (age, warranty etc)? I can't send PM's yet, so will leave an offer of £475.00 delivered (subject to clarification of the points raised).
Mark, if you can, do a deal on the 60-250mm f4 as well . . absolutely brilliant lens. I see you are looking for a Sigma 100-300mm f4 but you won't find one, very very hard to source because no one gives them up and if they do it's usually only because they are buying the 60-250mm (which is exactly what I did).
Hi Mike,

The 100-300/4 is one that would be used extensively and having had several copies for the Alpha, I know it's capabilities, so whilst I don't doubt that the 60-250 is also a very good bit of kit, I would hang on for the Sigma (though I've yet to source a K-5 yet), and apart from anything else, have yet to check it's dimensions against the A700 (I have bratwurst fingers and table tennis bat hands).

If Jules is reading this, then I have to await his decision on my offer, though whilst actively looking, am pretty firm on what my initial lens and accessory shopping list is, though for the smaller items (assuming they're available), would also be looking for a replacement focus screen (assuming a better one than the standard type is required and/or available) and a replacement eyepiece (again, if a more comfortable type is available). I've found what appears to be a decent spec flashgun (Sigma EF-610 EX ST) @ £99.00 from Bristol Cameras (I don't know how good 3rd party guns are) and a £30.00 generic VG. In addition to those items and the 100-300/4, I'll likely get a Sigma 17-70 DC Macro (non OS version), Tamron SP AF 90/2.8 Di 1:1 Macro), possibly a fast short prime (like a 50/1.8 or similar - not on the immediate requirements list) and maybe something in the intermediate zoom range (say 28-135mm or thereabouts), so I have a certain amount in mind once the body has been sourced, so until anyone want's to sell me one, all the rest will go on hold.

I'm prepared to wait for the right deal to be offered, and as most here don't know me, I'm well known in certain Sony/Minolta forums and have an exemplary evilBay rating as well as on Amazon (UK) so members here should not have any reservations about trading with me (I have to start somewhere and would prefer to deal with those that are part of a family than an independent).

WHY?
Someone has an offer in on the 5 and I've accepted it, if for any reason it falls thru, I'll accept yours Mark, had I read this beforehand I'd have accepted your offer first as I remember you from Photoclubalpha/Dyxum, and better the devil you know eh
Could still part with the 60-250 to you at a slightly reduced price due to now feeling guilty about the K5, as Mike (who is acting beautifully as my Sales manager in this thread:wink Says, it's a really super peice of glass and not much use to me as a paperweight, and it is as they say a buyers market...

As an aside, I actually got out Fellwalking yesterday, sans Camera and spent the whole day making frames out of my hands and saying "click" to myself, it's like someone trying to give up smmoking, just nothing to do with yer hands!
So maybe Frogfish etc are right, Photography is sufficiently in my DNA that I should have a small Camera just to keep me hand in so to speak...
It was nice to be out and away from the town and I admit I missed a few nice shooting opportunities yesterday as it was a lovely day in the Lakes. If I can get all of my gear sold I may pick up a Nex or a K-01 but I'm not sure if I have a jacket with big enough pockets for the K-01!
Cheers Jules...

My viewfinder is 576,000,000 pixels.
My other viewfinder is 5.76,000,000.

www.exaggeratedperspectives.com
Edited by jules: 23/09/2012 - 08:23
PIRATE
Posted 23/09/2012 - 08:24 Link
jules wrote:
Someone has an offer in on the 5 and I've accepted it, if for any reason it falls thru, I'll accept yours Mark, had I read this beforehand I'd have accepted your offer first as I remember you from Photoclubalpha/Dyxum, and better the devil you know eh
Could still part with the 60-250 to you at a slightly reduced price due to now feeling guilty about the K5, as Mike (who is acting beautifully as my Sales manager in this thread:wink Says, it's a really super peice of glass and not much use to me as a paperweight, and it is as they say a buyers market...
Darn and blast! Oh well, you win some, you lose some and I was hoping you'd pick this message up in time

Yep, PCA/Dyxum are my general haunts, so no doubt you and Mike know me from there. I don't know the lens you have at all, but without a body it'll just be a telescope! Maybe you can keep me in mind though.

Cheers.

Mark
sciolto
Posted 23/09/2012 - 11:42 Link
I am interested the DA * 60-250, but I can not send you PM because I'm new.
Jules, If you want contact me

ciao
jules
Posted 23/09/2012 - 14:38 Link
sciolto wrote:
I am interested the DA * 60-250, but I can not send you PM because I'm new.
Jules, If you want contact me

ciao
You have two problems if your the guy that mailed me vis Google.

1/ Your in Italy

2/ £450 Ain't even close pal...

So, two hurdles, up your offer and pay in advance and we may be able to deal...
P.S. You'd also be paying postage...
Cheers Jules...

My viewfinder is 576,000,000 pixels.
My other viewfinder is 5.76,000,000.

www.exaggeratedperspectives.com
Edited by jules: 23/09/2012 - 14:40
jules
Posted 23/09/2012 - 14:53 Link
Update*
K5 Now Sold

60-250mm DA* SDM Still avaialable, C'mon lets wrap this up guys!
Make me an offer?
But not a silly one
Cheers Jules...

My viewfinder is 576,000,000 pixels.
My other viewfinder is 5.76,000,000.

www.exaggeratedperspectives.com
Mike-P
Posted 23/09/2012 - 15:23 Link
PIRATE wrote:
PCA/Dyxum are my general haunts, so no doubt you and Mike know me from there.
Not me, never been on a Sony forum in my life.

jules wrote:

2/ £450 Ain't even close pal...
LOL

jules wrote:
60-250mm DA* SDM Still avaialable, C'mon lets wrap this up guys!
Make me an offer?
But not a silly one
So I suppose £475 is out of the question?
sciolto
Posted 23/09/2012 - 16:15 Link
Quote:
you have two problems if your the guy that mailed me vis Google.

1/ Your in Italy

2/ £450 Ain't even close pal...

So, two hurdles, up your offer and pay in advance and we may be able to deal...
P.S. You'd also be paying postage...
I do not think I've ever written, I do not use google!

Sorry, now I have just finished negotiating in germany
I bought it for €650 including shipping.

I hope you sell it better
thanks, see you soon
giofi
Posted 23/09/2012 - 17:04 Link
sciolto wrote:


Sorry, now I have just finished negotiating in germany
I bought it for €650 including shipping.
Congratulations Claudio, good deal on a great lens.
And looks like Germans are brave!

Ciao
sciolto
Posted 23/09/2012 - 18:07 Link
jules
Posted 24/09/2012 - 04:57 Link
giofi wrote:
sciolto wrote:


Sorry, now I have just finished negotiating in germany
I bought it for €650 including shipping.
Congratulations Claudio, good deal on a great lens.
And looks like Germans are brave!

Ciao
60-250 Now provisionally sold...
Because Brits are braver...
Cheers Jules...

My viewfinder is 576,000,000 pixels.
My other viewfinder is 5.76,000,000.

www.exaggeratedperspectives.com
jules
Posted 24/09/2012 - 09:34 Link
Update*
60-250 Sold Pending Payment...
Cheers Jules...

My viewfinder is 576,000,000 pixels.
My other viewfinder is 5.76,000,000.

www.exaggeratedperspectives.com
jules
Posted 24/09/2012 - 22:15 Link
Update*

All now sold, thanks for making it quick and relatively painless...
Special thanks to Mike P
Cheers Jules...

My viewfinder is 576,000,000 pixels.
My other viewfinder is 5.76,000,000.

www.exaggeratedperspectives.com
Mike-P
Posted 25/09/2012 - 22:02 Link
Glad you got rid of it all Jules ... hope you feel better soon
DOIK
Posted 26/09/2012 - 08:38 Link
The K5 arrived well packed and as described. Not tested yet but looks fine.
Many thanks Jules

John
davidtrout
Posted 26/09/2012 - 14:41 Link
DOIK wrote:
The K5 arrived well packed and as described. Not tested yet but looks fine.
Many thanks Jules

John
That now makes four K5s that I know about in Durham Photographic Society John, there may be more. The lemmings with Canons and Nikons had better watch out.
David

PPG: http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo