Sculptures

pschlute

Link Posted 03/04/2022 - 16:42
My town centre has a growing number of sculptures which are larger than life in both the literal and figurative sense.

Taken today with K1 and my new D-FA 21mm 2.4 LTD

IMGP5218 by Peter Schluter, on Flickr

IMGP5399-HDR by Peter Schluter, on Flickr

IMGP5236-HDR by Peter Schluter, on Flickr

IMGP5327-HDR by Peter Schluter, on Flickr

IMGP5262-HDR by Peter Schluter, on Flickr
Peter

My Flickr page

womble

Link Posted 03/04/2022 - 17:07
Nice images and fascinating sculptures. All by the same artist it seems?
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

Helpful

pschlute

Link Posted 03/04/2022 - 17:15
womble wrote:
Nice images and fascinating sculptures. All by the same artist it seems?

This is the fellow https://www.seanhenry.com/
Peter

My Flickr page

Lubbyman

Link Posted 03/04/2022 - 17:24
None of them smiling - you must live in a miserable place.

Your pictures are good, though.

Steve

Helpful

Flan

Link Posted 03/04/2022 - 19:45
The first and last photos are of the same sculpture and he has the look of bewilderment about him
its like he's just realised he needs to clean up his act, starting with a new shirt and pressed suit and forget about the divorce he's after going through
nicely taken and exposed

Helpful

LongTimeLurker

Link Posted 03/04/2022 - 23:55
Intriguing Peter, thank you for posting.

The sculptures looked familiar, at least in style. Following your link to Sean Henry's website confirmed that the sculpture that stands in Reuters Plaza, Canary Wharf is by the same artist. I couldn't find any reference to the sculpture nearby in Cabot Place by the fountain, but, again, I'm sure it's by Sean Henry.

Alas, my photos were taken using my phone, so not applicable for posting here.
Nigel.

Getting older and grumpier. Taking longer to decide which lens to use today.

K5 with auto-everything lenses
A collection of manual primes to keep me in touch with the pleasures of doing it old-school.

Helpful

pschlute

Link Posted 04/04/2022 - 00:14
LongTimeLurker wrote:

Following your link to Sean Henry's website confirmed that the sculpture that stands in Reuters Plaza, Canary Wharf is by the same artist.

.....and his identical twin is here in Woking also !

I will do another post when I have captured the whole family.
Peter

My Flickr page
Last Edited by pschlute on 04/04/2022 - 00:14

LongTimeLurker

Link Posted 04/04/2022 - 00:15
An addendum to my previous post, I have found elsewhere on Sean Henry's site a picture of a sculpture that I call Sitting Man, which is what I saw in Cabot Place. The link references an exhibition held at Messums in Wiltshire, who happen to have a gallery in Harrogate, close to where I live. I know nothing about art but I know what I like. I'll be having a look in Messums.

Ain't the Internet great
Nigel.

Getting older and grumpier. Taking longer to decide which lens to use today.

K5 with auto-everything lenses
A collection of manual primes to keep me in touch with the pleasures of doing it old-school.

Helpful

walkeja

Link Posted 04/04/2022 - 10:22
I like the Frank Skinner one
Pentax K1-ii and MZ6
Pentax Lenses 28-80 F, 300 DA*, 80-200 F, 35 F2.4 AL, M50 F1.7, 28-105 DFA, 20 F4 SMC
ONE UNITED Member

Helpful

womble

Link Posted 04/04/2022 - 11:06
Given their expressions, you could enter a photo of one for the Taylor Wessing prize...
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website
Last Edited by womble on 04/04/2022 - 11:07

Helpful

pschlute

Link Posted 04/04/2022 - 11:24
Looking at the artists website it does appear he prefers the glum look.
Peter

My Flickr page

stub

Link Posted 04/04/2022 - 11:49
Nice work Peter... My first reaction to the male shots. Was that they were selfies. As they were lookalike models... Love the structured edits..
K-1Gripped K-1 ungripped K-5ii K7 Various lenses

Stuart..

Helpful

Urbanmeister

Link Posted 04/04/2022 - 12:03
Nice work there, Peter.
Be well, stay safe.

Helpful

pschlute

Link Posted 04/04/2022 - 13:16
LongTimeLurker wrote:
.......the sculpture that stands in Reuters Plaza, Canary Wharf is by the same artist.

I have discovered today that the striding lady, all in black, has a sister in Colchester
Peter

My Flickr page

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 04/04/2022 - 16:21
Like this. The last image is very well composed - dude is just staring up at the clouds and watching time drift by
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - K3ii - two Z-1P - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm OS HSM - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm - Sigma EX 20mm - FA 28-70mm f4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

My Flickr
My PPG
Foundation NFT

Helpful
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.