Screwdrive conversion service here

carmagw

Link Posted 12/12/2018 - 10:39
I followed this guys link you tube and converted mine. Watched it a couple of times before converting and wrote down every stage and it seemed easy enough.

I'm no tech expert but found it straightforward using my K5iis to modify the lens profiles to screwdrive for 16-50 (failed) 50-135 (never failed but wanted to see if screw drive was quicker and it seems to be) and 300 (again to see if screw drive was quicker).

Regards

George

johnriley

Link Posted 12/12/2018 - 11:55
The Amazon link is fine and quite intentional, as most of us probably thought.

Anything that needs reporting, please do that via the Report system. There is a Report Problem link at the bottom of every page. Spam doesn't generally need reporting as it gets picked up routinely, but any spam that's been there more than a day may have been missed, so fair enough to make a report then.
Best regards, John

Kim C

Link Posted 12/12/2018 - 12:16
johnriley wrote:
The Amazon link is fine and quite intentional, as most of us probably thought.

Anything that needs reporting, please do that via the Report system. There is a Report Problem link at the bottom of every page. Spam doesn't generally need reporting as it gets picked up routinely, but any spam that's been there more than a day may have been missed, so fair enough to make a report then.

Thank you for clarifying that John. In in the interests of clarity and I because I have no wish to break the forum rules, could you please clarify this as Moderator:

Is it within the rules of the forum for a member to offer to repair something for another member such as an SDM failure or aperture block problem if it doesn't involve any fee or financial gain?

johnriley

Link Posted 12/12/2018 - 13:31
https://www.pentaxuser.com/terms-of-use/forum

The most relevant sections are probably 3a to 3g, but all sections apply of course. It's pretty much a matter of commonsense.
Best regards, John

johnriley

Link Posted 12/12/2018 - 13:32
PS If in doubt about anything, by all means ask by PM.
Best regards, John

Kim C

Link Posted 12/12/2018 - 13:48
johnriley wrote:
https://www.pentaxuser.com/terms-of-use/forum

The most relevant sections are probably 3a to 3g, but all sections apply of course. It's pretty much a matter of commonsense.

Yes I thought it was commonsense. I was surprised by your first comment in this thread. That is why I asked you as the moderator how you wished to interpret those sections and if they apply in your opinion if there is no business or financial gain.

HarisF1

Link Posted 12/12/2018 - 16:30
Might need to open a thread with clarified wording to reflect the fact that it's a voluntary service with no guarantees/warranty. I don't own a business and as a school teacher I don't have the time to either. I just enjoy buying fancy stuff (mostly bokeh chasing) and using it to make terrible images, and sometimes sort out my own kit (photography or otherwise, repairing simple circults is cool!) if something goes wrong.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.