Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Screen View

hog883
Posted 08/01/2011 - 20:57 Link
Hi I am a firt time DSLR user, I just bought a KX DSLR when I take a photo & try to view it in the screen it looks very blured, & almost distorted,& so you are not sure wether its any good or not, is there something I am missing. Cheers Reg
doingthebobs
Posted 08/01/2011 - 20:59 Link
Is there a bit of plastic over the screen? Part of the packaging?
Bob
hog883
Posted 08/01/2011 - 21:24 Link
No there is no plastic film on the screen.
stub
Posted 08/01/2011 - 23:51 Link
Not sure Im getting you. I have the K-x, and the screen view is perfectly sharpe. Could it be the images themselves..? I only use the screen as a guide personally, as its a little on the small side for absolute image evaluation. If uou view the images on a monitor and they are fine, Then they should also be fine in camera.. The screen has adjustment for brightness and colour balanxe, but not for focusing.
K-1Gripped K-1 ungripped K-5ii K7 Various lenses

Stuart..
i-Berg
Posted 09/01/2011 - 00:11 Link
Hi Reg,

Perhaps try and post some images in the forum here, that correspond to the 'blurred' one you were seeing on the camera's LCD?

You'll need to install the pentax software (on the CD that came with the camera) if you have not done so already, then download the image from camera onto a PC with the supplied cable, make any adjustments etc.

Have you got an account with an on-line photo-hosting site? To get images onto the Pentax User site (for members to look at to help you), your images need to be uploaded from your PC, to a site such as Photobucket first. Photobucket membership is free. From there, link that image to your post here.

There a section in your user manual that describes options for your LCD screen on the camera, worth reading.

All the best with it.
hog883
Posted 09/01/2011 - 11:29 Link
Hi thanks for your replys. If I put the memory card into my pc the pictures look ok. Its when I try to view them on the screen, you cant tell wether they are worth keeping or not. If you want to show someone the picture you have just taken for instance, its all blurred & the colours sort of flow into each other. Cheers Reg
pschlute
Posted 09/01/2011 - 11:44 Link
hog883 wrote:
Hi thanks for your replys. If I put the memory card into my pc the pictures look ok. Its when I try to view them on the screen, you cant tell wether they are worth keeping or not. If you want to show someone the picture you have just taken for instance, its all blurred & the colours sort of flow into each other. Cheers Reg

Sounds like your screen on the camera is faulty. Take it back to the dealer for a replacement.
hog883
Posted 20/01/2011 - 17:10 Link
Thanks for your help, it was a fauly camera, not a good start. I shall nl doubt be back here soon. Cheers Reg
hog883
Posted 20/01/2011 - 17:11 Link
Sorry my spelling is nearly as bad as my photography

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.