Scotland

George Lazarette
Posted 25/08/2008 - 08:31 Link
I was recently in Perthshire, visiting cousins who like gardening. They live in a particularly nice spot, which they have made the most of. I put some pictures (far too many) on the web so that other family members around the world could see them.

If you like gardens, and Scotland, they may be of interest:

link

Comment Image



G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Edited by George Lazarette: 25/08/2008 - 08:34
Malo1961
Posted 25/08/2008 - 18:11 Link
Well,George.
That is one impressive garden. I looked at the other pictures also, and someone over there must have "green fingers". I'll guess that kind of gardens must take a lot of time to keep in good shape. Almost a day job I reckon.
I think that as a photographer it must be a heaven all year long. Every season, the changes in the foliage, trees and flowers. And of course the small wild life that occupied the garden.
Personally I liked the macro shots in the series very much. Although the others on their own give a very good impression of what "garden life in Scotland " can be.

Martin.
Best regards,

Martin.


Curious about my photography?? Just Follow the Light.
George Lazarette
Posted 25/08/2008 - 18:45 Link
Thanks, Malo.

The garden is idyllic, and the surrounding area is quite wonderful. JK Rowling has bought a house just up the road.

I should have mentioned that most shots were taken with the 16-50; the close-up ducks with the F 70-210, and the deer across the valley with the F 300 1:4.5.

G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Malo1961
Posted 25/08/2008 - 18:58 Link
George Lazarette wrote:
Thanks, Malo.

JK Rowling has bought a house just up the road.

G
That must have done positive things to the "sellers" market , I presume

Martin.
Best regards,

Martin.


Curious about my photography?? Just Follow the Light.
Mannesty
Posted 25/08/2008 - 20:19 Link
Lovely set of images George. I'd forgotten how green UK can be.
Peter E Smith - flickr Photostream
George Lazarette
Posted 25/08/2008 - 20:38 Link
Thank you.

Perthshire cannot be confused with the Sierra Espuna.

G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Mannesty
Posted 25/08/2008 - 21:41 Link
George Lazarette wrote:
Thank you.

Perthshire cannot be confused with the Sierra Espuna.

G
You're right there.

We have almost no deciduous trees here, all conifers of one kind or another. Plenty of citrus trees, vines, and almond trees though, but they tend to be artificially watered to keep them green and productive.

The birds around here are not shot in the spring either, the Sierra Espuna is a nationional park protected from those exploits.

Your images reminded me very much of our family summer holidays in Dumfries and Galloway which we likened to Cornwall, without the tourists. In fact, we were very tempted by a couple of very nice properties around there.

If we had bought at that time, we would still be in Spain by now though, arthritis is worsened by cold & wet weather and both my wife and I suffer with it. We do get snow here in the winter, but that's a mile above us at the top of the mountain.
Peter E Smith - flickr Photostream

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo