Barford Road

Ratcatcher
Posted 22/08/2008 - 14:46 Link
I've taken photo's of this image on various occasions but i think this is one of the better one's.

Comment Image
Malo1961
Posted 22/08/2008 - 15:57 Link
Hi Richard,
I like the threatening sky on this one.....But I love to see the mono version also.
Yeah, yeah......I know, I must be related to a girl called Lilly

Martin.
Best regards,

Martin.


Curious about my photography?? Just Follow the Light.
Ratcatcher
Posted 22/08/2008 - 16:14 Link
Same one but in black & white

Comment Image
mikew
Posted 22/08/2008 - 16:54 Link
Personally I'd prefer the colour one with a bit less saturation. I think the grass and brickwork is just too vivid. Also in B&W the fir tree seems to more or less block up and even in colour I think I'd try and selectively lighten it - in fact if I can fix my chain saw I'll lend it to you

Mike
Malo1961
Posted 22/08/2008 - 17:46 Link
As expected I like the last one the most. And indeed lifting up the greens in the mono version (kind of IR effect) would make the latter even stronger.
But hey.....just personal taste of course

Martin.
Best regards,

Martin.


Curious about my photography?? Just Follow the Light.
Peter Elgar
Posted 23/08/2008 - 09:46 Link
I made a comment in the Gallery about this!
Been a member of Pentax Club since the Ron Spillman era! Got COMPUTERISED at last - DIGITISED?
Taken the PLUNGE - BUT FILM STILL RULES !!!
royd63uk
Posted 23/08/2008 - 11:17 Link
Is this HDR?
Roy
regards
Roy

Pentax K3 gripped,and some lenses
https://www.flickr.com/photos/pentaxroy/

my pbase gallery
Ratcatcher
Posted 23/08/2008 - 17:49 Link
Sorry i forgot to mention yes it is HDR.
mikew
Posted 23/08/2008 - 20:37 Link
What does the original look like then?

Mike
Ratcatcher
Posted 24/08/2008 - 10:59 Link
It looked like this, i then took five exposures from it using Photomatix and then touched it up in Photoshop.


Comment Image
Edited by Ratcatcher: 24/08/2008 - 11:02
mikew
Posted 24/08/2008 - 14:53 Link
Well the HDR certainly made a difference, I'm not sure I'd feel it's an improvement though. I'm not clear what benefits the HDR has given in this case?

Mike
royd63uk
Posted 25/08/2008 - 14:09 Link
It's made it look more like a painting than a photograph
Roy
regards
Roy

Pentax K3 gripped,and some lenses
https://www.flickr.com/photos/pentaxroy/

my pbase gallery
mikew
Posted 25/08/2008 - 20:16 Link
I'm not convinced it does that and anyway I'm not sure why anyone would want a photograph to look like a painting but that's just me of course.

I visit a critique site photosig a bit and there people will say 'wow it looks like a painting' as if this is something good. I just don't get it.

Mike

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo