Scary D.I.Y. Project for Smeggy!

jules
Posted 29/01/2014 - 14:17 Link
Cheers Jules...

My viewfinder is 576,000,000 pixels.
My other viewfinder is 5.76,000,000.

www.exaggeratedperspectives.com
vic cross
Posted 29/01/2014 - 16:46 Link
WOWWWWW!!!!!
CHEERS Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.
tyronet2000
Posted 29/01/2014 - 18:22 Link
I'm sorry but I wasn't impressed. Have I missed something ?
Regards
Stan

PPG
Smeggypants
Posted 31/01/2014 - 08:23 Link
tyronet2000 wrote:
I'm sorry but I wasn't impressed. Have I missed something ?
You're probably too busy pixel peeping

Only kidding, but although it's late for me and I'm tired so haven't read all the text ( and it seems a google translation at any rate ) , the pictures themselves certainly have some personality, which I can only respect.

They have some unusual bokeh too.



Such a refreshing change from the usual obsessive "sharpness" and "resolution at all costs" ethos you see from too many photographer who offer up stale results because they are too obsessed with technical perfection, to the cost of image content.

what's telling is the actual image content of this guy's test images are pretty boring, but they still look nice becuase of the charisma of his DIY lens tweaking.

Imagine what results he would get if he took the lenses out and took some pics with a stronger subject. Highly impressed.

It's an inspiration to get more creative and focus on the art instead of heading towards a vortex of lens and sensor perfection.

Nice find Jules.
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Smeggypants
Posted 31/01/2014 - 08:48 - Helpful Comment Link
Incidentally Jules, your thread reminded me of this ...

http://petapixel.com/2010/09/17/102-year-old-lens-plus-canon-5d-mark-ii-equals-instant-vintage-photos/

A guy who engineered an adaptor to mount a 100 year old lens onto a modern DSLR. Look at the pics in the link, like those in your link they have character and charisma.
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Edited by Smeggypants: 31/01/2014 - 08:49
tyronet2000
Posted 31/01/2014 - 09:05 Link
I'm sorry all I could see in the first image was a very blurred "carrier bag". All my images look like that when I remove my spectacles.
Regards
Stan

PPG
jules
Posted 02/02/2014 - 19:08 Link
Smeggypants wrote:
tyronet2000 wrote:
I'm sorry but I wasn't impressed. Have I missed something ?
You're probably too busy pixel peeping

Only kidding, but although it's late for me and I'm tired so haven't read all the text ( and it seems a google translation at any rate ) , the pictures themselves certainly have some personality, which I can only respect.

They have some unusual bokeh too.



Such a refreshing change from the usual obsessive "sharpness" and "resolution at all costs" ethos you see from too many photographer who offer up stale results because they are too obsessed with technical perfection, to the cost of image content.

what's telling is the actual image content of this guy's test images are pretty boring, but they still look nice becuase of the charisma of his DIY lens tweaking.

thought you'd like it Smeggy!
Interesting stuff, I'd loke to get into mount conversation s for contax kit etc but thats as fsrxas my experience and expertise would take me I'm afraid! Im full of admiration for people who do stuff like this and enjoy reading it very much...

Imagine what results he would get if he took the lenses out and took some pics with a stronger subject. Highly impressed.

It's an inspiration to get more creative and focus on the art instead of heading towards a vortex of lens and sensor perfection.

Nice find Jules.
Cheers Jules...

My viewfinder is 576,000,000 pixels.
My other viewfinder is 5.76,000,000.

www.exaggeratedperspectives.com

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo