Santina and the K-1
Posted 03/05/2016 - 13:33
Link
Congrats on getting your first set with the K1! I know it was a bit of a last minute rush, but that's the advantage of sticking to the brand and camera type you know .... It's a breeze to get up and running when you need to!
You had difficult conditions there, not ideal for the subject, but you've coped well.. I'm not going to pretend that there's anything really significant to say IQ wise re the new sensor ..... The main thing is that it's all working, you clearly enjoyed the new features like the viewfinder and handling benefits, and all those things are very important in supporting good picture taking, regardless of the sensor.
I've read mostly very positive feedback from the early adopters so far, so that's really good news!
You had difficult conditions there, not ideal for the subject, but you've coped well.. I'm not going to pretend that there's anything really significant to say IQ wise re the new sensor ..... The main thing is that it's all working, you clearly enjoyed the new features like the viewfinder and handling benefits, and all those things are very important in supporting good picture taking, regardless of the sensor.
I've read mostly very positive feedback from the early adopters so far, so that's really good news!
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Posted 03/05/2016 - 13:34
Link
Excellent shots....picture three has the strongest resonance for me (the framing and highlights)....its a shame she is already your wife (ah ha ha)
Posted 03/05/2016 - 13:40
Link
Thanks guys. I happen to like #3 the most too.
I know i've just bought the K-1 so bound to be mostly positive about it.
The viewfinder is just so large and bright - really a big help for me. I wear glasses and have been told i'll soon need varifocals. It was much easier to see what I was composing with the K-1 than my K-3.
Having the smart wheel made adjusting exposure an absolute breeze and on this shoot I was doing so a lot!
I know i've just bought the K-1 so bound to be mostly positive about it.
The viewfinder is just so large and bright - really a big help for me. I wear glasses and have been told i'll soon need varifocals. It was much easier to see what I was composing with the K-1 than my K-3.
Having the smart wheel made adjusting exposure an absolute breeze and on this shoot I was doing so a lot!
Posted 03/05/2016 - 14:33
Link
Very nice shots and although it doesn't matter too much on female portraits they all look front focused to me, which is probably because you haven't had time to adjust the camera.
The K-1 and FA*85 can produce magic ........
See here ......
http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3999368
--
The K-1 and FA*85 can produce magic ........
See here ......
http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3999368
--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Posted 03/05/2016 - 16:43
Link
Nice photos but how many others was interested in your k1
Posted 03/05/2016 - 16:46
Link
There were ten shooting the girl, all too busy to take notice of me and the K-1.
My first time out with them, so I only knew one person there - my friend Walter (D750 owner).
My first time out with them, so I only knew one person there - my friend Walter (D750 owner).
Posted 03/05/2016 - 16:50
Link

IMGP0360-1 by Phil Morgan, on Flickr

IMGP0364-1 by Phil Morgan, on Flickr

IMGP0290-1 by Phil Morgan, on Flickr

IMGP0294-Edit-1 by Phil Morgan, on Flickr
Posted 03/05/2016 - 17:59
Link
A lovely set and so impressive that you were able to use the camera as well as you did after so little time. I'm glad you're pleased with it and that it works effectively. It's an important camera for the company and needs to be successful.
As Nigel suggests, we are unlikely to see any great leap in image quality on our computer screens, when even, say, MX-1 photographs look good, but that's not the point, I know.
As Nigel suggests, we are unlikely to see any great leap in image quality on our computer screens, when even, say, MX-1 photographs look good, but that's not the point, I know.
Best wishes,
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Posted 03/05/2016 - 18:26
Link
Lovely. No.4 from the first set is stunning. Great camera in capable hands. Awesomely done
'Photography...it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten....' (Aaron Siskind)
Posted 03/05/2016 - 21:27
Link
Must be nice to have lenses like the 85mm working as intended. Nice images too. I'm looking forward to trying my 28mm shift on FF digital. I might not have to cut off the tops of the spires of the Abbaye aux Hommes! (I slightly regret taking my Spotmatic as my film option instead of a K-mount camera.)
K.
K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Posted 15/09/2018 - 07:21
Link
Very nice, the right photoshoot.
Posted 18/09/2018 - 12:05
Link
Accomplished set
Gradually learning the art of polishing turds
K-3, K-1
Pentax 18-35, 35-80, 50, 85, 300
Tokina 70-210
K-3, K-1
Pentax 18-35, 35-80, 50, 85, 300
Tokina 70-210
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


802 posts
13 years
Bletchley,
Bucks
So two hours after receiving it, the K-1 was out and about with the FA*85 and FA 77. Didn't even have time to check lens micro AF adjustment with the body!
Light was pretty harsh,, highlights were a bit of a problem at times. The large viewfinder and smart control wheel (set for +- exp comp) were a joy to use.
IMGP0008-1 by Phil Morgan, on Flickr
IMGP0055-Edit-1 by Phil Morgan, on Flickr
IMGP0360-Edit-1 by Phil Morgan, on Flickr
IMGP0359-Edit-1 by Phil Morgan, on Flickr