Sand

RobL

Link Posted 03/01/2018 - 20:14
Having pulled out my Gitzo monopod for the first time since visiting a windy beach I found the twist joints full of sand, stupidly I had collapsed it before making sure it was properly cleaned. So spent the afternoon laboriously dismantling each joint to get rid of that nasty grinding noise; easy to get complacent when used to WR Pentax kit.

i-Berg

Link Posted 03/01/2018 - 20:42
Along with salt water - no better way to destroy your gear...

And of course at the beach, you get two for the price of three
http://www.pbase.com/iberg
Last Edited by i-Berg on 03/01/2018 - 20:44

Roshni

Link Posted 22/01/2018 - 05:28
You can't find any better manner to destroy gear likewise
Auto Add Date Timestamp

OldTaffy

Link Posted 22/01/2018 - 15:24
Roshni wrote:
You can't find any better manner to destroy gear likewise

There are other ways, especially on a beach. One of my stepson's daughters, aged about three, picked up his compact camera off the beach towel and dropped it into the bucket of seawater that was nearby. Alas, his was not a WR Pentax.

Martin
A few of my photographs in flickr.
Lizars 1910 "Challenge" quarter-plate camera; and some more recent stuff.

davidwozhere

Link Posted 23/01/2018 - 00:43
Old Taffy wrote :
One of my stepson's daughters, aged about three, picked up his compact camera off the beach towel and dropped it into the bucket of seawater that was nearby.

Ahh. How sweet!
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link
Last Edited by davidwozhere on 23/01/2018 - 00:44

womble

Link Posted 24/01/2018 - 20:29
I shall never forget seeing the sea topple my tripod and watching my beloved DA* 50-135 break in two on a rock. Amazingly, they managed to fix it.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

davidtrout

Link Posted 05/02/2018 - 10:55
Last year at Locomotion, the branch of the National Railway Museum at Shildon, Co. Durham, I managed to drop my K5 and D A*16-50mm lens from coffee table height onto the concrete floor. Both survived with no visible signs of damage and are still working perfectly.
This photo was taken with them just a few minutes later:

PPG: http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.