Samson Fountain

DanielH

Link Posted 21/11/2013 - 10:39
Ok Ladies and Gents C+C Both Barrels please!

vic cross

Link Posted 21/11/2013 - 10:50
As I have said in another thread I'm no expert BUT. I'd like to see it a little "sharper? or more contrast" and I would try to clone out the distracting house on the right. It might look good in B&W. Other than that a nice record shot.
CHEERS Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.

WobblyGoblin

Link Posted 21/11/2013 - 10:58
I think the crop is a bit tight - it feels a little claustrophobic to me.
You will only prise my 43Ltd from my cold, dead hands...

wvbarnes

Link Posted 21/11/2013 - 11:06
I agree about crop, building distractingly in Focus, better out of frame if possible. Dull day?

bforbes

Link Posted 21/11/2013 - 11:07
I think the crop it too tight. Also I think it would help if the area under the fountain bowl and the top figure were lightened up to bring out more of the detail.
Barrie
Too Old To Die Young

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/

Gwyn

Link Posted 21/11/2013 - 11:18
I don't often comment on photos I know but I agree with the others regarding the crop, and the house. It also doesn't feel to be straight, it probably is, it just seems a bit down at the left to me.

I don't know what else is around it, but I think it would have been better with the main character more in view, so maybe taken a bit further round the fountain, which would also help remove the house - though there may be another one on the other side of course.

DanielH

Link Posted 21/11/2013 - 19:31
Thanks all.

Houses both sides hence tight crop! DOH! I cant clone out the one on the right due to very badly implemented cloning tool I have in my editor, it would also remove the splashes of water close by too

Try again............though maybe not till spring
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.