Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Samson Fountain

DanielH
Posted 21/11/2013 - 10:39 Link
Ok Ladies and Gents C+C Both Barrels please!

Comment Image
vic cross
Posted 21/11/2013 - 10:50 Link
As I have said in another thread I'm no expert BUT. I'd like to see it a little "sharper? or more contrast" and I would try to clone out the distracting house on the right. It might look good in B&W. Other than that a nice record shot.
CHEERS Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.
Posted 21/11/2013 - 10:58 Link
I think the crop is a bit tight - it feels a little claustrophobic to me.
You will only prise my 43Ltd from my cold, dead hands...
wvbarnes
Posted 21/11/2013 - 11:06 Link
I agree about crop, building distractingly in Focus, better out of frame if possible. Dull day?
bforbes
Posted 21/11/2013 - 11:07 Link
I think the crop it too tight. Also I think it would help if the area under the fountain bowl and the top figure were lightened up to bring out more of the detail.
Gwyn
Posted 21/11/2013 - 11:18 Link
I don't often comment on photos I know but I agree with the others regarding the crop, and the house. It also doesn't feel to be straight, it probably is, it just seems a bit down at the left to me.

I don't know what else is around it, but I think it would have been better with the main character more in view, so maybe taken a bit further round the fountain, which would also help remove the house - though there may be another one on the other side of course.
DanielH
Posted 21/11/2013 - 19:31 Link
Thanks all.

Houses both sides hence tight crop! DOH! I cant clone out the one on the right due to very badly implemented cloning tool I have in my editor, it would also remove the splashes of water close by too

Try again............though maybe not till spring

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.