Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Sad News

polchraine
Posted 27/08/2009 - 19:08 Link
SRS is to close the Rayners Lane Branch.

I was there this afternoon and saw the notices.
K20D, *istD, MZ-S, Super-A, ME Super, MX
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, DA* 300,
DA 50-200, FA 24-90, FA 20-35,
M 400-600, A 50 f1.4, A 28 f2.8, A 70-210, M 35-80, M 50 f1.7
A x2S teleconverter and a few others ...
mikew
Posted 27/08/2009 - 19:11 Link
Bargain clearance sale perhaps?
---------------------------------------------------

You can see some of my shots at my Flickr account.
polchraine
Posted 27/08/2009 - 19:19 Link
mikew wrote:

Asked that question ... No chance !
lemmy
Posted 27/08/2009 - 19:28 Link
mikew wrote:

You're just a sentimental fool
mikew
Posted 27/08/2009 - 19:42 Link
Many people have suggested I am big hearted.

Oggy
Posted 27/08/2009 - 20:09 Link
mikew wrote:
Many people have suggested I am big hearted.

Sorry to hear of your condition Mike.

I was once diagnosed with that, but it proved to be a duff xray.
Comment Image
mikew
Posted 27/08/2009 - 20:18 Link
I bear it with dignity

rothwell
Posted 27/08/2009 - 20:19 Link
Sad news indeed!
Until a few years ago, I lived just a couple of miles from the R.L. shop and I remember SRS taking over the business from an equally genuine photographic company called Sullivan Brothers, who were well respected and had traded in Rayners Lane for many years.
I sincerely hope that the savings made by closing the R.L. shop will enable SRS to continue trading profitably from their Watford branch for many years to come.
Best regards.
Geoff Davis
aminstar
Posted 27/08/2009 - 20:47 Link
I am sure there must be some other good news to come from SRS to counter balance the sad news of the Rayners Lane branch closure.

The Watford branch is flourishing and business seems great from what I have seen and I am sure Chris must have something in the pipeline planned for the Watford branch I would assume.

Every time I have been to the Watford shop it is packed with customers. I wonder if the closure of the Rayner's Lane shop would mean that may be Chris is planning to expand the Watford shop or may even be opening a branch in a different location with bigger premises and some extra photography facilities . A studio within the shop would be nice to try lenses and various kits . What do other members think about the idea?
Chris@SRSWATFORD
Posted 27/08/2009 - 21:31 Link
Thanks for all of your kind words everyone. This closure is purely down to the greed of the landlord. It saddens me that in this current climate landlords seem to think it is a good idea to double rents....

We are looking at alternative locations and are looking to do something very special in Watford.. Amin, you must be psychic...

Our last day of trading at Rayners Lane is Saturday 12th September and no, there won't be any mad sales as the extra stock will be needed soon in Watford!
For all things Pentax please visit www.srsmicrosystems.co.uk - anything not listed please email or call!

Follow us on Facebook
aminstar
Posted 27/08/2009 - 21:55 Link
Chris@SRSWATFORD wrote:
Thanks for all of your kind words everyone. This closure is purely down to the greed of the landlord. It saddens me that in this current climate landlords seem to think it is a good idea to double rents....

We are looking at alternative locations and are looking to do something very special in Watford.. Amin, you must be psychic...

Our last day of trading at Rayners Lane is Saturday 12th September and no, there won't be any mad sales as the extra stock will be needed soon in Watford!

You see everyone? , Sorry I have to use the words "Told you so" .

Chris@SRSWATFORD wrote:
extra stock will be needed soon in Watford!

Told you also that Watford branch seems to be flourishing but I noticed also that its always packed to the seams, Chris these extra stock will need some extra room, I sense some big changes around , yupiii, if it happens do not forget we want a nice studio area for trying our kits and a nice comfy couch with cold drinks handy. I will provide the cooler if needed be
greynolds999
Posted 27/08/2009 - 22:05 Link
Obviously the time has come to get out of the smoke, in part at least. How about a wee shop in Edinburgh?
jackitec
Posted 27/08/2009 - 22:12 Link
How about a BIG shop in Glasgow as there is no one there apart from one shop who has no stock.
polchraine
Posted 27/08/2009 - 22:50 Link
Chris@SRSWATFORD wrote:

I did hear the reason this afternoon, but did not want to post it, hoping that you would say something. I too cannot believe the greed of the landlord.

And I did buy a new camera while I was there!
Peter Bargh
Posted 27/08/2009 - 22:57 Link
Sorry to hear that Chris. There are plenty of empty shops in Worksop

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.