Ryedale Folk Museum
Posted 14/09/2016 - 13:07
Link
Hi JAK,
Nice images. Just one question.
In image no.4, who is the guy about to mug you for your camera-could it be a jealous canikon owner who wants the best?
hope you had a nice time and made use of the Victorian studio.
Malcombe
Nice images. Just one question.
In image no.4, who is the guy about to mug you for your camera-could it be a jealous canikon owner who wants the best?
hope you had a nice time and made use of the Victorian studio.
Malcombe
Posted 14/09/2016 - 13:42
Link
malcombe wrote:
Hi JAK,
Nice images. Just one question.
In image no.4, who is the guy about to mug you for your camera-could it be a jealous canikon owner who wants the best?
hope you had a nice time and made use of the Victorian studio.
Malcombe
I've no idea. Certainly wasn't aware of that when I took the photo. It has to be a ghost! There was a Nikon owner who I kept running into but doubt it was he.Hi JAK,
Nice images. Just one question.
In image no.4, who is the guy about to mug you for your camera-could it be a jealous canikon owner who wants the best?
hope you had a nice time and made use of the Victorian studio.
Malcombe
If you look at #7 there's a black and white figure in the shadows on the left. Mysterious.
John K
Posted 14/09/2016 - 14:04
Link
A lovely museum to visit, with so much to photograph.
Best regards, John
Posted 14/09/2016 - 14:15
Link
johnriley wrote:
A lovely museum to visit, with so much to photograph.
Yes, I'd certainly recommend it. Much of it is outdoors, or one needs to move outside between the buildings so not good for a rainy day though. Mind it's in the dry side of the Pennines so that's only rarely a problem!
A lovely museum to visit, with so much to photograph.
John K
Posted 14/09/2016 - 16:39
Link
And there's no way you would want to get your shiny new K1 wet so early on, is there. ?! I'd probably take mine in its box for protection!
You've given us a good sense of the place,, both in and out, and there's some nice natural tones. The exposure and play of light coming from the window is very good in No 5.
You've given us a good sense of the place,, both in and out, and there's some nice natural tones. The exposure and play of light coming from the window is very good in No 5.
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Posted 14/09/2016 - 17:09
Link
The K-1 may be WR but I'm not!
Thanks. Re #5, I'd have expected to HDR that in the past but so much can be retrieved from the shadows I can recover the hidden detail in PS Elements. Simply loving the K-1, it really is the camera I've been waiting 20 years for and getting colour slide type results from digital.
Thanks. Re #5, I'd have expected to HDR that in the past but so much can be retrieved from the shadows I can recover the hidden detail in PS Elements. Simply loving the K-1, it really is the camera I've been waiting 20 years for and getting colour slide type results from digital.
John K
Posted 14/09/2016 - 17:20
Link
That extreme patience has paid off then ! Glad to hear it's such a good camera to use and the results are what you wanted. It's nice for me to have something to aspire to and look forward to.
I've no doubt that the release of the K1 has provided a real boost to the brand and revitalised many peoples interest, and given impetus for their photography.
I've no doubt that the release of the K1 has provided a real boost to the brand and revitalised many peoples interest, and given impetus for their photography.
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Posted 14/09/2016 - 17:26
Link
Great shots, love the Spinning Jenny picture.
Posted 15/09/2016 - 21:33
Link
It is a lovely museum and a great place to spend an afternoon with the camera. I like the Spinning Jenny shot too, but my eye was also caught by the one in the photographic studio and reminded me about a shot I took in the same place a couple of years ago. Hope you don't mind me posting it again in this thread:

Thanks for posting the shots and bringing back some nice memories of our visit to Hutton-Le-Hole.
Regards
David

Thanks for posting the shots and bringing back some nice memories of our visit to Hutton-Le-Hole.
Regards
David
Posted 15/09/2016 - 21:45
Link
Thanks for sharing David. So you didn't use any of the old costumes to recreate an original Victorian/Edwardian scene? However the dog looks pretty timeless! One could pay more than the entrance fee just for that facility and the photos are yours, not taken by someone else.
You're more than welcome to add some further shots of the museum if you wish.
You're more than welcome to add some further shots of the museum if you wish.
John K
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


4192 posts
16 years
Scarborough,
North Yorks.
The weather was great and with a K-1 itching to be used it managed to take the following. All taken with the K-1 and 31/43mm prime lenses (the 28-105 zoom covered in another thread.)
1. Metal Working - FA 31mm Ltd
Sorry Alan (Blythman), but your shot was the inspiration for this one!
2. Mat Making - FA 31mm Ltd
3. Blue Bottle - FA 31mm Ltd
4. Red Bottle - FA 31mm Ltd
I believe that's the first time I've photographed a ghost at the window.
5. Spinning Jenny - FA 31mm Ltd
6. Locked in a shed - FA 31mm Ltd
But they let me out!
7. The Maze - FA 31mm Ltd
8. Model Village County School - FA 31mm Ltd
9. Milk Churns by the Wayside - FA 43mm Ltd
10. William Hayes Photographic Studio - FA 43mm Ltd
Visitors are welcome to make their own use of this studio to take their own 'Victorian' photos.
Don't be afraid to comment!