Right angle viewfinder

RobL

Link Posted 22/02/2022 - 17:03
Does anyone have recommendations for a right angle viewfinder for the K1? SRB Photographic show one which looks like the same model with different names elsewhere - Neewer, Seagull etc. - but the compatible camera list looks out of date.

GrumpyGrandPa

Link Posted 22/02/2022 - 17:07

Ive got one available - it fits my K-S2

Olympus VariFinder 1.2x and 2.5x
Grumpy GrandPa, Recently Retired.
Gotta K-3 iii now, had a K-S2 and so suffering from a relapse and buying digital camera kit.
Previous addiction has resulted in using Zeniths, Yashicamat, Chinons, Minoltas, Samsungs, Fujis, Cosina, Kodak, Lumix, Canon, Nikon and Pentax etc etc - have tried most makes in the past 40 years. Love cameras - love taking photos even more

RobL

Link Posted 22/02/2022 - 21:05
Thanks GGP, does anyone know if the eyepiece is the same on all later DSLRs?
Last Edited by RobL on 22/02/2022 - 21:06

Chrism8

Link Posted 23/02/2022 - 07:20
I have the Seagull equivalent and it fits the K1 / 645 / K3iii and the K5ii
Chris

www.chrismillsphotography.co.uk

" A Hangover is something that occupies the Head you neglected to use the night before".

-------------------------------------------------------------
K1 - Sigma 85mm F1.4, Pentax DFA 150 -450 F4.5 / 5.6, Pentax DFA* 24 - 70 F2.8

Samyang 14mm F2.8, Pentax DFA* 70-200 F2.8

K3iii + K3ii + K5iis converted to IR, Sigma 17 - 70 F2.8, Pentax 55 - 300 F4.5 / F5.6 PLM

womble

Link Posted 23/02/2022 - 07:43
RobL wrote:
Thanks GGP, does anyone know if the eyepiece is the same on all later DSLRs?

The physical size of the eyepiece hasn't changed since the M series film cameras. What you can see, however, varies from model to model. I have a magnifier on my K-3 which obscures parts of the view on the magnificent viewfinder of the K-3iii. I tried it, then immediately took it back off again!
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

RobL

Link Posted 23/02/2022 - 11:25
GGP, I have just checked the prices of the Olympus Varifinder you have, they are rather higher than I would was hoping to pay so thanks for the offer, I am sure you would get a better price elsewhere.

walkeja

Link Posted 23/02/2022 - 13:17
Why not flip the back screen and use Live View?
Pentax K1-ii and MZ6
Pentax Lenses 28-80 F, 300 DA*, 80-200 F, 35 F2.4 AL, M50 F1.7, 28-105 DFA, 20 F4 SMC
ONE UNITED Member

MHOL190246

Link Posted 23/02/2022 - 14:14
Just seen this on the Ffordes website - any good https://www.ffordes.com/p/COM-IV47BQ61036/finders/refconverter

Michael

RobL

Link Posted 23/02/2022 - 15:46
Walkeja, I have been doing that trying to photograph snowdrops and normally that works ok, except for some reason using a 30 year old lens the autofocus in live view doesn't work; even using manual focus I like to half-press the shutter to get the focus alert as my eyes are not as sharp as they once were.

Michael, thanks for the link, which puts me in something of a dilemma, do I go for a Pentax model or one that fits all makes? The latter would make reselling easier or usable if I get another brand. It looks tempting although I was hoping for something a bit cheaper.

GrumpyGrandPa

Link Posted 23/02/2022 - 17:18
RobL wrote:
GGP, I have just checked the prices of the Olympus Varifinder you have, they are rather higher than I would was hoping to pay so thanks for the offer, I am sure you would get a better price elsewhere.

Message me re prices. I hadn't named a price. would be happy with £25 inc postage. Money would go to local Food Bank.
Grumpy GrandPa, Recently Retired.
Gotta K-3 iii now, had a K-S2 and so suffering from a relapse and buying digital camera kit.
Previous addiction has resulted in using Zeniths, Yashicamat, Chinons, Minoltas, Samsungs, Fujis, Cosina, Kodak, Lumix, Canon, Nikon and Pentax etc etc - have tried most makes in the past 40 years. Love cameras - love taking photos even more
Last Edited by GrumpyGrandPa on 23/02/2022 - 17:19

davidwozhere

Link Posted 25/02/2022 - 01:48
Beware the Pentax ones which appear to have been made mainly for the M series cameras. The odd one fits K series but generally, their eyepieces are about half a mm less wide and you can't get the things to fit. You can't file off the excess either because the retaining springs fall off (been there, got the T shirt).
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

redbusa99

Link Posted 25/02/2022 - 09:35
i have an Asahi Pentax M version with 1x and 2x magnification , it has fitted both K5 and K3. Not used often but one of those things that if you let it go you are going to want it the next day i think
odd lens or 2

Flickr
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.