Ricoh WG-M1

Mike-P

Link Posted 09/09/2014 - 19:00
Shamelessly copied from the USA forum, have to say that Ricoh could have actually got this one right ... cracking looking unit.

At a depth of 10m waterproof performance continuously for one hour ( lens protector installed)
- Drop impact performance from 2m
- Dustproof equivalent of IP6X
- Capable of operating structure even cold minus 10 degrees
- Video Full HD 30fps. Electronic VR
- 848 x 480 120fps high-speed shooting mode
- Endless videos . Time-lapse videos
- 14 million effective pixels , the sensor 1 / 2.3 -inch CMOS
- LCD monitor 115,000 dot 1.5 -inch
- Lens (angle of 160 degrees) conversion 16.8mm
- Lens construction (2 aspherical ) six six groups
- The angle of view can be selected wide , medium , narrow , from underwater
- Shortest shooting distance is 60cm (80cm in water )
- Media microSD / microSDHC
- Built-in wireless LAN function . Allows remote shooting from smartphone .
- Size is 42.5mm x 66.5mm x 89.5mm
- 151 g Weight ( body only) . (Including battery , media , lens protector ) 190 g
No equipment list here but thanks for taking an interest. My Flickr

johnriley

Link Posted 09/09/2014 - 20:16
That one doesn't appeal to me at all for general use, but it could be that it's just the thing to use underwater.
Best regards, John

Mike-P

Link Posted 09/09/2014 - 20:39
johnriley wrote:
That one doesn't appeal to me at all for general use, but it could be that it's just the thing to use underwater.

I would imagine it's aimed at the GoPro crowd and suchlike who are in a slightly different age group to the majority of Pentax/Ricoh users.
No equipment list here but thanks for taking an interest. My Flickr

lennythelion

Link Posted 09/09/2014 - 20:57
I think as an alternate option to the go pro it could be a good option. Though think it's success will depend on its size and price.

Looks like Ricoh labelling there new cameras as 1 series.

Marat

Link Posted 09/09/2014 - 20:59
Mike-P wrote:
johnriley wrote:

I would imagine it's aimed at the GoPro crowd and suchlike who are in a slightly different age group to the majority of Pentax/Ricoh users.

Nope I think it's superb, and cannot wait to get my hands on one, the only downside is the 10m depth combined with the small sensor size, but once you get to that depth the light isn't brilliant so would be fairly useless anyway without a separate external light source.

nass

Link Posted 10/09/2014 - 10:17
I do a bit of diving and would buy this to potter around in Cornwall underwater. Only thing I'm unclear of is whether there's an external underwater strobe/light fittable. Even at 5m down an extra light source is pretty important.
... just another middle-aged guy with a hobby. I have an extreme macro learning site at extreme-macro.co.uk - Pentax-centric, your feedback and comments would be appreciated!
Last Edited by nass on 10/09/2014 - 10:18

johnriley

Link Posted 10/09/2014 - 10:21
It doesn't seem to be as waterproof as the standard WG cameras. These are good for 14m and 2 hours.

Would it be ideal for snorkling in the Red Sea for example?
Best regards, John

nass

Link Posted 10/09/2014 - 10:31
Yeah, imo a snorkelling camera. Which is ok, though the snorkelling units I've bought from Pentax in the past all broke whilst on holiday. I basically didn't bother buying another because the pic quality without external light is mediocre at best (fine for tourists I suppose but not if you're a photography nerd). Here, this is an example. Interesting enough pic but I'm personally after better quality being a photography geek. I'm pretty sure I remember that camera having an onboard flash, was about 3m down.

... just another middle-aged guy with a hobby. I have an extreme macro learning site at extreme-macro.co.uk - Pentax-centric, your feedback and comments would be appreciated!
Last Edited by nass on 10/09/2014 - 10:33

aliengrove

Link Posted 12/09/2014 - 03:57
I like the ability to change the angle of view, and it's a good looking bit of kit, but the promotional footage looks pretty dire IQ wise.....

WG-M1:The Chase
Flurble

My Website
PPG
flickr
G+
Facebook

richandfleur

Link Posted 12/09/2014 - 07:21
I think a lot has already been said about this (probably Kodak?) camera over here:

richandfleur

Link Posted 12/09/2014 - 07:22
aliengrove wrote:
the promotional footage looks pretty dire IQ wise.....

WG-M1:The Chase

Sure does

obione

Link Posted 13/09/2014 - 22:28
Price looks good 199.00 ;
http://www.srsmicrosystems.co.uk/10360/Ricoh-WG-M1-ACTION-CAMERA---ORANGE---PRE-...
k-5, K-5ii,60-250 f4, 50 f1.4 af,17-70 f4, 100mm macro wr,siggy 10-20 siggy 100-300f4
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.