Review - JP Service Solutions
Posted 16/02/2011 - 16:33
Link
Quote:
After recalibration, any better now with lens front/back focusing ?
There was no problem before. In fact, so far I haven't had a body or lens that has been a problem.
After recalibration, any better now with lens front/back focusing ?
Best regards, John
Posted 16/02/2011 - 18:15
Link
Are JP Service Solutions the same people as Johnsons Photopia? I sent Photopia 3 emails in 2010 about getting hold of a set of focus screen shims for my K20D, I included the Pentax part numbers in my request. Not one of those emails was replied to. The email address was passed to me by SRS, so I'm pretty sure it was the right one.
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27, Macbook Pro 17, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr Fluidr PPG Street Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27, Macbook Pro 17, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr Fluidr PPG Street Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
Posted 16/02/2011 - 18:19
Link
Ah okay. Perhaps I'll send them a 4th email telling them I used post-it notes in the end. Don't need their stinkin' shims
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27, Macbook Pro 17, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr Fluidr PPG Street Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27, Macbook Pro 17, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr Fluidr PPG Street Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
Posted 16/02/2011 - 20:04
Link
Just waiting for my 17-70 to return home. Would agree with John that the processing of cheques does cause delay and seems a bit old fashioned.
Posted 17/02/2011 - 08:14
Link
My one dealing with them for a warranty repair was very speedy.
Ken
We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole. - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole. - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Posted 17/02/2011 - 09:36
Link
They did a good job of fixing my 50-135mm but yup, they were extremely slow. So much so that despite many emails and phone calls the lens wasn't back before I left for nine weeks in Romania...
K.
K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Posted 27/02/2011 - 20:13
Link
17-70 came back last week. 3 weeks - Repair seems very good indeed.
Posted 28/02/2011 - 10:14
Link
I'll see how they do with my FA50 which tested the cobbles of Bruges (it's in Belgium:wink about 2 years ago.
Z-1p, K-1, P50
F50 1.7. SMC-FAs 24, 35, 50 1.4, 85, 135. HD-FA15-30, DFA24-70, D-FA*70-200. The SMC-FA Limited Trinity.
Metz 45 CL-4, AF500FTZ. AF540FGZ.
Some Mamiya and some Nikon, and a Canon T70.
F50 1.7. SMC-FAs 24, 35, 50 1.4, 85, 135. HD-FA15-30, DFA24-70, D-FA*70-200. The SMC-FA Limited Trinity.
Metz 45 CL-4, AF500FTZ. AF540FGZ.
Some Mamiya and some Nikon, and a Canon T70.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


24424 posts
24 years
Tyldesley,
Manchester
It was packaged up for sending 4th January 2011 and I stressed in the covering letter that the camera was in pristine condition. I didn't want a Techguys treatment like the one my laptop received!
The quote arrived by post (e-mail would have been better) and after I'd hurried it up by e-mail. So I ended up with a hard copy and an e-mailed copy. The quote was a very reasonable £60+VAT which included a firmware upgrade and recalibration.
The camera has been received back today. Not quick, but to be fair, with all those K-5's being dealt with maybe not too bad.
However, the camera is fine. Repaired, upgraded, clean and without a marki upon it, just as it was sent. So good work has been done, albeit it slower than optimum.
Quality of handling & repair: 10/10
Speed of same: 6/10
Communication: 9/10
Value for money: 10/10
The majot improvement I would like to see is quote by e-mail and electronic web payment. Sending cheques is so old fashioned...and slow.