Returned to the fold

macabee
Posted 21/11/2012 - 15:30 Link
I just posted this on the 'digital slr' part of the forum, any way.

I have just received my K5 from WEX. My first Pentax since my mx/me days. A few years ago I bought my first dSLR the Olympus E1, an excellent camera weatherproof as well, however the small rear screen was annoying.

I then went to Canon, but I have to say that I did not find them as well built as the Olympus E1, I could not afford nor require the Canon 1d series.

To my surprise and joy the K5 is very well constructed and balanced my first initial images considering the kit lens most acceptable, I shall look at better 'glass' in the future.

Another reason for the K5 purchase is the weatherproofing, I am a walker, so if it rains when on the downs, I won't have to tear my hair out if it gets wet
AndrewA
Posted 21/11/2012 - 19:07 Link
Hello and Welcome back to the fold!

Enjoy your K5, super camera.
Andrew

"I'm here because the whiskey is free" - Tyla

PPG link
Flickr link
DaveHolmes
Posted 21/11/2012 - 20:43 Link
Welcome...
If you still have the MX or ME the lenses will also work on your new K5!!
........................................................................
Digital:
Pentax K5- Vivitar 19mm 3.8; FA35mm f2; D-Xenon 100mm macro f2.8; DA50-200mm WR...
Flash:
Yongnuo YN-560; Vivitar 285HV; Cactus V4 triggers...
Film:
Pentax-MX & M50mm f1.4; Spottie & 55mm f1.8; MG & M40mm 2.8...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/daveholmesphotos/
Stuey
Posted 21/11/2012 - 20:50 Link
Hello and welcome
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link
ronniemac
Posted 22/11/2012 - 00:48 Link
Welcome!
MX to K-5 - seems that there's a few of us about.
stub
Posted 22/11/2012 - 09:56 Link
Hi there.. Looking forward to seeing the pictures from the downs.
K-1Gripped K-1 ungripped K-5ii K7 Various lenses

Stuart..

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo