Repair recommendation for Pentax ES II

viddy

Link Posted 02/03/2014 - 12:39
Hi comrades,

I have a Pentax ES II camera that is in need of a good repair. I don't want to hand it over to a quick and dirty repair man, I am looking for someone who will do the job right.

Are there any recommendations for such repair centres/people within the UK? If you have any relevant experience to share, then by all means please do so.

Thanks.

Chrism8

Link Posted 02/03/2014 - 13:13
I've used this place several times, good service and an honest repair, not the quickest thou but a decent job

Don Clark Camera Repairs
(01453) 842102
15 Long Street, Wotton-Under-Edge, GL12 7ES
Chris

www.chrismillsphotography.co.uk

" A Hangover is something that occupies the Head you neglected to use the night before".

-------------------------------------------------------------
K1 - Sigma 85mm F1.4, Pentax DFA 150 -450 F4.5 / 5.6, Pentax DFA* 24 - 70 F2.8

Samyang 14mm F2.8, Pentax DFA* 70-200 F2.8

K3iii + K3ii + K5iis converted to IR, Sigma 17 - 70 F2.8, Pentax 55 - 300 F4.5 / F5.6 PLM

Helpful

johnha

Link Posted 02/03/2014 - 22:05
The best options for a UK repair are likely to be Harrow Technical link or Asahi Photo link. Spares are likely to be an issue though - depending on the problem.

I've recently had an LX repaired by Harrow Technical and it seems very good (haven't got results back from it yet).

John.
PPG Flickr

Helpful

womble

Link Posted 05/03/2014 - 07:41
The main problem with the ES and ESII is the lack of spares. If Robin at Harrow Technical cannot do it, Eric Hendrickson in Tennessee has some of the few remaining parts. He fixed up my ESII beautifully.

Best wishes, Kris.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

Helpful
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.