Remote Control F in B mode
Posted 04/08/2007 - 09:55
Link
Quote:
If someone has the Pentax RC-F can this be confirmed to me please? In page 159 of Pentax K10D manual it states in the 'MEMO' point 4:
I have a Remote Control F, and it does indeed work as the manual says. B exposures work fine with it.If someone has the Pentax RC-F can this be confirmed to me please? In page 159 of Pentax K10D manual it states in the 'MEMO' point 4:
Quote:
Bulb shooting is available when using the remote control shooting mode (p.81). The shutter remains open as long as the shutter release button of the optional remote control is held down.
Bulb shooting is available when using the remote control shooting mode (p.81). The shutter remains open as long as the shutter release button of the optional remote control is held down.
I can see John Riley grinning, albeit sympathetically...
Posted 04/08/2007 - 10:07
Link
I've just tried this with the Pentax IR remote.
In B mode, the shutter remained open for as long as I held the button on the remote control.
In B mode, the shutter remained open for as long as I held the button on the remote control.
lenscape
K20D, K10D, K-m, MZ3, Metz 58-AF1, Optio MX4 & Linux.(No Windows)
(Gone: *istD, ME Super, Super-A)
K20D, K10D, K-m, MZ3, Metz 58-AF1, Optio MX4 & Linux.(No Windows)
(Gone: *istD, ME Super, Super-A)
Posted 04/08/2007 - 10:39
Link
Thank you for confirming this to me. I will send it back and ask for a refund.
Learnt my lesson... buy only manufacturers' products. At least did not cost me much this lesson.
Learnt my lesson... buy only manufacturers' products. At least did not cost me much this lesson.
foodreactions.org
Lactose Intolerance, Food Allergy & Adverse Reactions
Bookmark it, one day you will need it!
Lactose Intolerance, Food Allergy & Adverse Reactions
Bookmark it, one day you will need it!
Posted 05/08/2007 - 13:13
Link
I just tested my Pentax Remote F on the K10D in "B" mode and it works perfectly.
Ben
Ben
Posted 05/08/2007 - 15:07
Link
Thank you all for checking. I will be receiving a full refund on the one I bought, in the meantime I have ordered a Pentax one. Looking forward to receiving it and enjoying it.
foodreactions.org
Lactose Intolerance, Food Allergy & Adverse Reactions
Bookmark it, one day you will need it!
Lactose Intolerance, Food Allergy & Adverse Reactions
Bookmark it, one day you will need it!
Posted 07/08/2007 - 00:04
Link
can the pentax F remote be locked so you dont need to hold down the button in bulb mode?
One day you'll find, 10yrs have got behind you.
Posted 07/08/2007 - 08:16
Link
Quote:
can the pentax F remote be locked so you dont need to hold down the button in bulb mode?
No. A clothes peg might do the trick, if it didn't squeeze too tight. The membrane-type button looks like it would be quite easily damaged if you picked something that held it pressed with much force.
can the pentax F remote be locked so you dont need to hold down the button in bulb mode?
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


29 posts
19 years
Kent
If someone has the Pentax RC-F can this be confirmed to me please? In page 159 of Pentax K10D manual it states in the 'MEMO' point 4:
Bulb shooting is available when using the remote control shooting mode (p.81). The shutter remains open as long as the shutter release button of the optional remote control is held down.
I do not think the dealer is right.
Lactose Intolerance, Food Allergy & Adverse Reactions
Bookmark it, one day you will need it!