Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Red Snapper RSH-12 Ball Head

robbie_d
Posted 28/04/2010 - 14:05 Link
Just took delivery of a Red Snapper RSH-12 Ball Head to pair up with my RS-284 tripod.

First impressions are very favourable. The build quality is fantastic, it feels weighty and robust without being too heavy. All the knobs have a positive feel about them and have rubber grips to aid use. The ball moves very smoothly, with full adjustment over this using the tension controller. When locked the ball simply won't move, even when supporting the camera's weight at an odd angle.

All in all, for £49.95 this is an absolute bargain. Like their tripods this head easily matches heads costing three times its price.

I can't wait to get using it!

P.S. This also means I will have a Red Snapper RSH-24 3-way panning head for sale which I'll list in the classifieds later.
If you can't say something nice about Pentax, you won't say anything at all.

Apparently.
Greytop
Posted 28/04/2010 - 14:57 Link
Rob, you're spot on with every comment regarding the ball Head in my book. I have the exact same combination and couldn't be more pleased with it.
Regards Huw

flickr
ajbets
Posted 28/04/2010 - 16:44 Link
Ditto - I've recently invested in exactly the same combo and can't fault them at all.

Glad your first impression were the same as mine.

Off to Exmoor for the long weekend so hoping to put it to some good use. Will certainly need it if the weather forecast is anything to go by!
_________

Plenty of stuff - not enough time....
robbie_d
Posted 28/04/2010 - 17:37 Link
I can honestly say I've seen no negative comments from anyone who has bought a Red Snapper tripod/head, I'm surprised there's not more people using them, for the money they cannot be beaten.

I wonder if the low price has a negative impact in some ways. I did see on another forum someone asking for tripod/ball head suggestions for their C**** DSLR, he described himself as a keen enthusiast looking for a decent tripod. Someone mentioned Red Snapper to him, and he bluntly replied along the lines that his mate had told him anything under £200 for a head and £200 for legs is garbage, so could people please bear that in mind when making suggestions!!

Apparently.
Greytop
Posted 28/04/2010 - 17:48 Link
It always pays to do a bit of research

If the C**** guy had done his research he would have quickly realised how good the Redsnapper kit is
Regards Huw

flickr
flossie
Posted 28/04/2010 - 19:56 Link
I think you lot must be psychic, I was just about to ask what people's opinions were about the above kit, as I'm after a 1st decent full-size tripod....
Still shooting in the dark (literally and metaphorically)...
robbie_d
Posted 28/04/2010 - 22:28 Link
flossie wrote:
I think you lot must be psychic, I was just about to ask what people's opinions were about the above kit, as I'm after a 1st decent full-size tripod....

For the money you can't go wrong with Red Snapper. It's the equal of kit costing three times more IMHO. People will tell you that it will never match up to Manfrotto or Giottos, but I believe it does. What's more, the money you save against the more lauded brands can be put towards more lenses!

Apparently.
andyvarney
Posted 29/04/2010 - 08:52 Link
I've got one as well and it is fantastic, not only that but the service is second to none. The first ball head I received had a problem and they could not have dealt with it better.

Also, they used to give a discount if you are a member of the Talk Photography forum, I don't know if that still applies or not.

Andy
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog!

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.