Recommendations for polarizing filters

Posted 22/12/2010 - 22:07 Link
Hi,

Does anyone have recommendations for polarizing filters? I want a decent piece of glass without paying the earth. I am using a K-r with 18-50mm lens. Filter size is 52mm

Thanks
www.flickr.com/tmondhallie13
Pentax Kr -
Pentax DA 17-70mm f4 AL SDM
Pentax DA L 18-55mm
xbow
Posted 22/12/2010 - 22:36 Link
I bought one of these, not used it that much but seems ok to me:

http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=777_1&products_id=5969

Vic.
K5, LightRoom 5
Sigma 8-16 Pentax DA 16-45 Pentax DA 55-300 Pentax 18-55WR Tamron 90 Di Macro Metz 44 AF-1
thoughton
Posted 22/12/2010 - 22:40 Link
There's an interesting comparison of various brands here.
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
xbow
Posted 22/12/2010 - 23:03 Link
Good link Tim, in that case it's probably: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Marumi-Super-Circular-Polarising-Filter/dp/B001AL1QGA then!

Vic.
K5, LightRoom 5
Sigma 8-16 Pentax DA 16-45 Pentax DA 55-300 Pentax 18-55WR Tamron 90 Di Macro Metz 44 AF-1
Adventura
Posted 23/12/2010 - 23:17 Link
I've just bought the Hoya 52mm and 67mm SLIM Circ Polarizer and am very happy with the difference that the SLIM version makes to reducing vinegetting at wide angles. Pay a little more but worth it for the time it save post processing.

Dave
VonBatCat
Posted 24/12/2010 - 01:01 Link
Don't go cheap.... unless its from good word of mouth. I tend to stick to Hoya or BG.... but have got a great Jessops 77mm.
John (VonBatCat)
Rule of Thirds - I don't do fractions
Other Stuff
JonSchick
Posted 24/12/2010 - 06:35 Link
Highly recommend Marumi - at least as good as Hoya Pro and often much cheaper.
Jon

Some occasional random stuff at The Photographers Block: link
bretbysteve
Posted 24/12/2010 - 15:52 Link
German: either B+W or Heliopan. I recently picked up a brand new B+W current F-PRO circ polar 52mm for a mere £25. Just keep searching fleabay or general google searches. These two German made filters are the best and you do not need pay the earth either.

cheers Steve.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo