Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Rechargeables....

cbrog
Posted 28/02/2017 - 16:40 Link
SRS no longer appear to stock non-OE batteries for the K20 or K10 - not even the Hama variety which I had previously bought from them.
Can anyone please suggest an alternative make that have proved to be satisfactory and, possibly, a source?

Thank you
Roger
Algernon
Posted 28/02/2017 - 16:48 Link
DSTE are excellent either from Amazon or Ebay

https://www.amazon.co.uk/DSTE-Rechargeable-Battery-Minolta-SAMSUNG-x/dp/B00F27BJ...

The DSTE charger is also worth buying. Shows red when charging and green when charged.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DSTE-2x-D-Li50-NP400-Battery-and-Charger-For-Pentax-K1...
--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi
Edited by Algernon: 28/02/2017 - 16:50
cbrog
Posted 28/02/2017 - 17:31 Link
Thank you Algi - the price difference is astonishing

Roger
wvbarnes
Posted 28/02/2017 - 19:08 Link
I agree on DSTE, I've had several. All seem to perform much as OEM ones. Note in the Amazon photo latest ones are labelled 2300 Ma not 1850 Ma as in text. Not sure if this means much in practice. Many other pattern makes are much lower rating.
JAK
Posted 28/02/2017 - 19:21 Link
I've actually still got three, one a Samsung original that came with a GX20 and two third party ones that I no longer need. Unfortunately PO rules make it difficult to post them on their own. You haven't stated your location in your profile so I've no idea whether a collect/deliver in person might be viable.

I've also an original Samsung charger to move on along with a third party one that works with a 12v car lead (I've dumped the mains charger that came with that as I wasn't sure it was safe to use!)

In any event offers invited for any of those bearing in mind PO rules for posting Li-ion batteries. I mainly would wish to cover expenses.
John K
Edited by JAK: 28/02/2017 - 19:30
cbrog
Posted 28/02/2017 - 19:57 Link
Thank you for the thought JAK, but I am about 200 miles south of you.
JAK
Posted 28/02/2017 - 22:48 Link
Well I'm still none the wiser of your location so not to worry, seems I can't help you.
I'll put the chargers on eBay and chuck the batteries even though they are fine. Such a shame and thank you the RM for helping the environment by causing expensive lithium batteries going to waste by not transporting them to a new UK (possibly, who knows!) owner.
John K
Edited by JAK: 28/02/2017 - 22:53
geordie01
Posted 01/03/2017 - 08:40 Link
Use another courier how do SRS and the like send out mail order camera's they have batteries
johnriley
Posted 01/03/2017 - 09:37 Link
Batteries can be sent if correctly labelled and packaged. The details are on the Royal Mail website. If the RM options aren't appropriate then other couriers will transport them, if correctly labelled and packaged.
Best regards, John
JAK
Posted 01/03/2017 - 10:26 Link
RM rues regarding posting batteries, including D, C, 9V, AA, AAA and AAAA alkaline batteries. Must be new and sent unopened in their original retail packaging. Surround with cushioning material e.g. bubble wrap. The sender’s name and return address must be clearly visible on the outer packaging. Lithium metal/alloy batteries sent in isolation are prohibited.
So SRS can send you a new ones (though not Lithium metal/alloy) but you can't send them used ones back!

7 Day shop say they can only ship batteries using DPD, I'll look into that but my nearest DPD depot is nearly 50 miles away!

Edit: Not sure that they will without a commercial account.

Rules for shipping here: https://www.iata.org/whatwedo/cargo/dgr/Documents/lithium-battery-guidance-docum...
John K
Edited by JAK: 01/03/2017 - 10:45
johnriley
Posted 01/03/2017 - 11:14 Link
The rules for shipping you link to are for air transport. This link to RM policy might help:

http://www.royalmail.com/sites/default/files/Royal-Mail-Prohibited-and-Restricte...

It is possible to send a lithium battery installed in a camera, plus up to two spares in the package. Why the two spares can't be sent as an item on their own is a bit of a mystery, but rules is rules!
Best regards, John
JAK
Posted 01/03/2017 - 21:49 Link
I note the OP has his K20 outfit up for sale so I presume he doesn't require spare batteries for it now. Is that a fair assumption before I start chasing around courier companies? If not I need to know where the delivery will have to be made without making myself seem daft when I phone them! It may be 200 miles south but that could be thousands of places.
John K
Edited by JAK: 01/03/2017 - 21:53
johnriley
Posted 01/03/2017 - 23:53 Link
It's always useful to know where people are, roughly at least. Perhaps the buyer can meet half way and if buyer and seller happened to be close to a motorway then it can be convenient.

I have regularly met at Tebay when exchanging goods with those from southern Scotland. Just an hour and a half for both parties and a cup of coffee and chat as well.
Best regards, John

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.