Really old camera
Posted 26/02/2014 - 11:55
Link
Very nicely done indeed
Perhaps getting a soft light reflection onto the lens would be good too
Perhaps getting a soft light reflection onto the lens would be good too
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Posted 27/02/2014 - 11:46
Link
Yes, very sharp and nicely lit - the background works well. Could you maybe pull down a bit on the blue / cyan colour channels to give a purer silver tone - there's a slight blue cast affecting this.
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Posted 28/02/2014 - 15:20
Link
Thnks for comments.
Ken: I tried but then I had umbrella with dark arms reflected in there. Wasn't much better than this one.
McGregNi: to be honest I haven't even noticed that before you mentioned it. Now it's bugging me .
Greg
Ken: I tried but then I had umbrella with dark arms reflected in there. Wasn't much better than this one.
McGregNi: to be honest I haven't even noticed that before you mentioned it. Now it's bugging me .
Greg
Pentax K-3 II, DA 50/1.8, Sigma 18-35/1.8, DA* 300/4, 1.4x HD DA Converter
Posted 28/02/2014 - 15:39
Link
That's my specialty It's not a big deal, just a finer point. Maybe its only a tweak to the white balance, or a small blue/cyan reduction. If you're using the Photoshop or PS Elements Hue/Saturation dialogue, select the blue & cyan channels individually, pull down the amount a bit, and balance that with an increase to the Luminance control - this will restore lost light from the colour channel and keep the shine.
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Posted 28/02/2014 - 18:23
Link
McGregNi wrote:
That's my specialty It's not a big deal, just a finer point. Maybe its only a tweak to the white balance, or a small blue/cyan reduction. If you're using the Photoshop or PS Elements Hue/Saturation dialogue, select the blue & cyan channels individually, pull down the amount a bit, and balance that with an increase to the Luminance control - this will restore lost light from the colour channel and keep the shine.
Or go mono lol...not much colour to lose
That's my specialty It's not a big deal, just a finer point. Maybe its only a tweak to the white balance, or a small blue/cyan reduction. If you're using the Photoshop or PS Elements Hue/Saturation dialogue, select the blue & cyan channels individually, pull down the amount a bit, and balance that with an increase to the Luminance control - this will restore lost light from the colour channel and keep the shine.
Steve
Sometimes I'm serious and sometimes not, but I consider sarcasm an artform. Which is it today?
Sometimes I'm serious and sometimes not, but I consider sarcasm an artform. Which is it today?
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


148 posts
13 years
I'd like to know what do you think about those. Not the subject itself but the photos. It was just an exercise in lighting.
Thanks
Greg