Real World Water Resistance

amoringello
Posted 06/06/2008 - 11:55 Link
I wish I had a better photo of the rain that my K10D suffered through, but a few seconds after this image was taken, rain fell in sheets of water. The camera could not even focus through all the water on the front of the lens.
With manual focus, all I could get was large water spots.

I had once placed my K10D under the shower to test water resistance... he, he... that was nothing compared to this rain. (That was with the 50-135mm)

Earlier that day we had several tornados and most of the city was without power. I was just out checking the damages when the skies went from almost partly sunny & blue to this and torrential rain soon after.

I had to scramble to a neighbor's yard and dump his newspaper out of a plastic protective bag so I could throw my cell phone into it. (felt bad, but it was one of those free newspapers no one wants anyway)

Got home 10 minutes later (walking of course... idiot) to find that there was in fact a tiny bit of evidence of water inside the door were the USB cable connects. A small droplet of water, I swear no more than 1/3mm.
Other than that, a day and a half later, the power is restored and the camera and lens are doing well and the photos turned out well -- for what they were.


K10D, DA* 16-50mm, t-shirt, sandals, wishing for a towel.
Comment Image
Mannesty
Posted 06/06/2008 - 12:14 Link
Geez, that looks ugly. Where can I send the towel ?
Peter E Smith - flickr Photostream

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo