Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Reak K-7 pictures

Mike-P
Posted 19/05/2009 - 07:45 Link
You will need google translator for the text though

Link

Edit: title should of course read real but due to some weird forum rule I am not allowed to change that
Edited by Mike-P: 19/05/2009 - 07:46
stevejcoe
Posted 19/05/2009 - 07:48 Link
Clarky
Posted 19/05/2009 - 08:13 Link
Looks interesting

One comment I noticed was the price was only going to be a bit more than the K20.
We will wait and see I guess.
Camera:|K-7|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Snootchies
Posted 19/05/2009 - 08:14 Link
Excellent; a 50-200 weather sealed lens as well. I am VERY interested in these new weather sealed kit lenses....
Bob

My website (Hadfield Photography)

Pentax Gallery Artist page:link

Flickr Photostream: link
Hardgravity
Posted 19/05/2009 - 08:19 Link
Looks like the menu system from the K-m.
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

PPG entries.
stevejcoe
Posted 19/05/2009 - 08:27 Link
Snootchies wrote:
Excellent; a 50-200 weather sealed lens as well. I am VERY interested in these new weather sealed kit lenses....

For me photogragphy has always been a fun pastime, the need to take pictures in the middle of hailstorms or moonsoons has never arisen. For everything else a little care and common sense has worked well enough for the past 30 years.

What concerns me about WR type lenses is the extra complexity and cost that they introduce, the increased opportunity for things to go wrong and the fear that in the future along with SDM they will be the only option.

Steve
Mike-P
Posted 19/05/2009 - 08:28 Link
Digital preview in viewfinder .. so thats liveview when looking through the viewfinder .. or not?
johnriley
Posted 19/05/2009 - 08:31 Link
We were at Haworth over the weekend and the light in the rain was fantastic for candid shots. No nasty shadows to contend with and lots of nice relections from wet surfaces. We used our K20D camera quite happily and even non-weatherproofed lenses, although we protected the lenses as best we could.

Weather sealing opens up new possibilities and any complexity will take care of itself for me. Otherwise the logic is that we'd better not use anything in case it breaks and that can't be right.
Best regards, John
Hardgravity
Posted 19/05/2009 - 08:31 Link
Mike-P wrote:
Digital preview in viewfinder .. so thats liveview when looking through the viewfinder .. or not?

My old K110d has a preview in viewfinder option! I don't use it.
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

PPG entries.
Mike-P
Posted 19/05/2009 - 08:38 Link
Snootchies wrote:

You can buy mine .. obviously this depends on my buying a K-7 2 lens kit though
Mongoose
Posted 19/05/2009 - 08:39 Link
johnriley wrote:
We were at Haworth over the weekend and the light in the rain was fantastic for candid shots. No nasty shadows to contend with and lots of nice relections from wet surfaces. We used our K20D camera quite happily and even non-weatherproofed lenses, although we protected the lenses as best we could.

Weather sealing opens up new possibilities and any complexity will take care of itself for me. Otherwise the logic is that we'd better not use anything in case it breaks and that can't be right.

Agreed, I've taken my K10D out in the snow before now with scarcely a thought, and it has often become totally sodden with condensation during a nights astro-photography. It doesn't bat an eyelid.
you don't have to be mad to post here

but it does help
Snootchies
John, I could'nt agree with you more. Later this year I plan on getting a DA* 50-135 and Sigma 17-70 which then will become my mainstay lenses.

BUT I'm quite happy to grab a weather sealed 18-55 as a back up option if the weather goes against me. Also I get a tad frustrated when I'm at the zoo and i'm in a tropical section. All my elements become steamed up. With a weather sealed 18-55, I just need to worry about the outside element only.

And Mike, as I said last night - if you do end up getting the K-7 and wont be using your weather sealed kit lens; let me rid you of that burden!!!
Bob

My website (Hadfield Photography)

Pentax Gallery Artist page:link

Flickr Photostream: link
Edited by Snootchies: 19/05/2009 - 08:41
Mongoose
links don't seem to be working
you don't have to be mad to post here

but it does help
stevejcoe
Posted 19/05/2009 - 08:57 Link
I believe that we that we close, repeat close to the situation we had with video recorders. It is not surprising, since DSLRS are increasingly marketed towards gadget freaks rather than photographers.

Yes some of the new reported features of the K7 might be nice to have, but will any improve the IQ of the image?

People talk lovingly of their old MX or LX, hands up who would vote for a basic LX equivalent, no bells and whistles or AF, but best possible IQ?

I know the market maybe small, but for me that would be a camera I would aspire to own.

If the K7 does prove to produce higher IQ then I may get one , in a year's time when the price will undoubtably be reduced to make way for the next must have model.
stevejcoe
Posted 19/05/2009 - 08:58 Link
Mongoose wrote:
links don't seem to be working

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=518153 is still working

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.