Ravaged by yesterdays storm

PeterMac

Link Posted 04/01/2012 - 13:58
Myself and my brother went for a walk in the peak of yesterday mornings storm. Quite possible the most difficult walking conditions I've ever gone out in. Definitely the worst and most severe photographing conditions I've been out in... could barely stand up, never mind hold the camera steady, especially once we got out to the exposed coastline.

View over the river forth from our street. This is the River Forth. I've seen it many many times, and very often it looks rough. This however, is the most windswept I've ever seen her.

This is the scene of devastation that awaited as we turned the corner at the bottom of the brae that leads down to town.

The lady driver of the car had popped into the bakers for some morning rolls. We saw here coming out under the guidance of the firemen. State of shock is a gross understatement. Seconds later getting out of the car and I think we can all imagine the outcome!

Discussions as to the next step (i'm assuming)

After that we headed out to the foreshore. The waves here don't look big, but they are moving over a large area of mudbank and the water is only a few feet deep. I had to hold onto a pier bollard to give me sound footing to take this shot. The wind was so strong that it was impossible to run into it. Only a good steady slow walk worked.

The view west up towards Grangemouth, taken from a place of relative shelter!

The water was being whipped up into mini spouts by the wind.

A fence at the Bo'ness railway didn't survive.

My brothers dog had a great walk and made it all look so effortless!

Anyone else got any photos from yesterdays storm?
Pentax K20D, Pentax 18-55mm II, Pentax M 50mm 1: 1.7, Super Paragon 1: 2.8 24mm Macro, Pentax smc DA 50-200 mm F4-5.6 ED
my flickr
buy images

NaimKhan

Link Posted 04/01/2012 - 14:09
Thanks for that Peter. I live in Yorkshire and the wind here was quite something so can imagine how bad it must have been in Scotland.
PPG

johnwhit

Link Posted 04/01/2012 - 14:19
A great set, I was up near the Solway a couple of years ago in similar conditions while staying with a friend in Wigtown, truly ferocious winds.

John
PPG link

In LBA hiatus.

fritzthedog

Link Posted 04/01/2012 - 14:37
Very topical set

Have to say that you are pretty harsh in your treatment of drivers who illegally park on double yellow lines up there - here we just get clamped and a fine

Joking aside - thankfully an amazing escape for the driver - timing is everything in so many ways!

Carl
No matter how many lenses I have owned - I have always needed just one more

stub

Link Posted 04/01/2012 - 15:00
I suggest maybe the local newspapers would be interested in these shots..Very topical if not tropical...
K-1Gripped K-1 ungripped K-5ii K7 Various lenses

Stuart..

snappychappy

Link Posted 04/01/2012 - 16:19
Great set, shows the power of nature very well. That was a close shave for the car driver, it is certainly there lucky year.
My piccies.

Algernon

Link Posted 04/01/2012 - 17:29
stub wrote:
I suggest maybe the local newspapers would be interested in these shots..Very topical if not tropical...

So would her insurance company Does parking illegally
invalidate insurance
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi

snappychappy

Link Posted 04/01/2012 - 18:24
Algernon wrote:
stub wrote:

So would her insurance company Does parking illegally
invalidate insurance

DOH..............
My piccies.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.