Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Q 07 Shield Mount lens

johnriley
Posted 24/03/2014 - 23:42 Link
I've had a quick trip out today and have made a new blog on ePHOTOzine. Here's some of the pictures:
Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

It's new territory for me, so I'll look forward to some more experimentation. It's looking as though having something in the centre of the frame, the only sharp point, could be the best way to go. We'll see, but I'd love to hear what you think?
Best regards, John
gartmore
Posted 25/03/2014 - 09:09 Link
I've taken the plunge too, I know not why

Hoping it will arrive in a couple of days and we can compare notes. I was expecting it to be 'worse' if you know what I mean
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
johnriley
Posted 25/03/2014 - 09:36 Link
The further things are away, the worse it gets, or the better gets, depending on what we are trying to do.

I'll be interested to compare notes Ken!
Best regards, John
Darkmunk
Posted 25/03/2014 - 10:22 Link
When I first saw that you were getting one of these, I looked it up and thought, 'what the..' why would you disable a good camera so? but within minutes I was dreaming up scenarios, mostly editorial shots where this could be fun and force you out of you comfort zone.
How does it perform into the sun? I imagine it would benefit from some flare.
I can see myself using this for portrait shots of young people and shots for magazines with copy overlaying the image etc.
I think nature and flowers, although helpful tests, would not be its forte
I'll follow this with interest
gartmore
Posted 27/03/2014 - 18:09 Link
I've just posted some architectural details in the mirrorless cameras thread. Looking forward to trying some Julia Margaret Cameron style portraiture
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.