Pseudo Macro
Posted 23/04/2014 - 23:41
Link
That is a great example of what can be done with a non-macro lens.
I have purchased a set of extension tubes for use with some of my manual primes and waiting for the currently rare (for me) combination of a non-working day and sunshine so that I can have a go as you have.
Out of interest, what was the working distance between your kit and the flower? The fly doesn't seem to have been bothered by the noise of the screw drive AF, or did you use manual focus for this one?
By the way, you're not helping my LBA with respect to the FA*85 Saving hard at the moment!
I have purchased a set of extension tubes for use with some of my manual primes and waiting for the currently rare (for me) combination of a non-working day and sunshine so that I can have a go as you have.
Out of interest, what was the working distance between your kit and the flower? The fly doesn't seem to have been bothered by the noise of the screw drive AF, or did you use manual focus for this one?
By the way, you're not helping my LBA with respect to the FA*85 Saving hard at the moment!
Nigel.
Getting older and grumpier. Taking longer to decide which lens to use today.
K5 with auto-everything lenses
A collection of manual primes to keep me in touch with the pleasures of doing it old-school.
Getting older and grumpier. Taking longer to decide which lens to use today.
K5 with auto-everything lenses
A collection of manual primes to keep me in touch with the pleasures of doing it old-school.
Posted 24/04/2014 - 08:27
Link
Hi Nigel - I don't remember the working distance, but I certainly wasn't close enough to tickle the fly - My tubes (and I think all tubes) are manual focus so there's no AF noise, although I do find it amusing that many of them say PK/AF on the sides
The tubes really add an extra dimension to many lenses, reducing your closest focus range (but losing further focus distances) - not true macro but a lot more flexible for many subjects. I remembered that Peter Jonkman (Asahiflex) over on the other forum took some beautiful photos with this combination - so I thought I'd have a go, and I was pleasantly surprised with my results (although not in Peters league ). This was another with the same combination....

Have fun with your extension tubes, if you ever find the non-working plus sunny day, and if your LBA does finally get the better of you then remember I do have a spare FA*85/1.4 Yes - I have 2 copies
The tubes really add an extra dimension to many lenses, reducing your closest focus range (but losing further focus distances) - not true macro but a lot more flexible for many subjects. I remembered that Peter Jonkman (Asahiflex) over on the other forum took some beautiful photos with this combination - so I thought I'd have a go, and I was pleasantly surprised with my results (although not in Peters league ). This was another with the same combination....

Have fun with your extension tubes, if you ever find the non-working plus sunny day, and if your LBA does finally get the better of you then remember I do have a spare FA*85/1.4 Yes - I have 2 copies
LennyBloke
Posted 24/04/2014 - 20:48
Link
I've seen Moire in a couple of my fly shots eye's.
One day you'll find, 10yrs have got behind you.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


7383 posts
18 years
Worcestershire
original composition..
cropped to my preferred composition..
cropped further to show detail...
...and is that a bit or Moire on the fly eye? The first I've seen on my K5IIS
Out of camera Jpeg - no PP (except crop/export)