Proposed Pentaxuser forum meet Thorp Perrow 26/27 Sep

Technoblurb

Link Posted 22/08/2009 - 06:18
Bet you are now after that comment

Technoblurb

Link Posted 22/08/2009 - 07:53
beginner wrote:
Go on then I'll come!.......as long as it's not all tree's like the last twice I've been!...... Ken

Yes Ken, Thorp Perrow does have a lot of trees. However it also has the following to wet the appetite of those who have not been before:

Ornamental Lake.
coffee shop.
Raptors including Golden Eagle.
Flying Displays (TGK should like that one) .
Wood carvings.
Meerkats "simples"
Frogs.
Dragon flies.
Ducks.
Pergola

And I'm sure that's just the start. To see more have a look at the website www.thorpperrow.com.
Last Edited by Technoblurb on 22/08/2009 - 07:53

fatspider

Link Posted 22/08/2009 - 10:17
Quote:
Go on then I'll come!.......as long as it's not all tree's like the last twice I've been!

Go on Ken, admit it, your a closet tree hugger
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link

Technoblurb

Link Posted 31/08/2009 - 17:35
Just keeping this one in peoples mind. I am assuming that Saturday 26th September is the only day for this event, unless anyone has a different idea. The group booking form has failed to arrive at this point, I am assuming that they have not posted it, or the great British postal service has sent it to darkest Peru .

My attempts to get Sigma on board has fallen on deaf ears, still it was worth a try. I don't suppose anybody on the forum actually knows someone who works for them?

davem

Link Posted 31/08/2009 - 20:08
By the way the cafe serves good lunches.

I wonder if SRS wish to send someone to meet us? We could then persuade of the the need for a good Pentax shop in Yorkshir.

Dave

greynolds999

Link Posted 31/08/2009 - 21:50
I'm in. Anyone need a lift from Edinburgh?
My Photobucket

Technoblurb

Link Posted 04/09/2009 - 21:50
Just to finalise thing for this event as I will be off the away for two weeks.

The meeting date is Saturday 26th,September
Entry cost is 6.80 or 5.40 for those older and wiser than me
Suggested meeting time is 10am in the car park unless that is inconvenient!

The website is http://www.thorpperrow.com/

The location is Google Maps

A travel tip if you are coming from the Beadale direction, ignore the left turn to Thorp Perrow village, follow the brown tourist signs.

The venue has extremely poor mobile signal so don't rely on contacting others for directions.

johnriley

Link Posted 04/09/2009 - 22:09
Whwn I saw this I didn't realise just where it was, but it's not too bad from Manchester.

We're supposed to be doing Fountains by Night (Fountains Abbey) that night, but if it becomes possible we just might join you for the morning. It would be good to meet some of our fellow Pentax Users!
Best regards, John

greynolds999

Link Posted 04/09/2009 - 22:12
If anyone is late and the last meet is anything to go by, meet in the coffee shop any time up to noon!
My Photobucket

johnriley

Link Posted 04/09/2009 - 22:14
Is that as far as anyone can stagger under the load of a full Pentax kit?
Best regards, John

greynolds999

Link Posted 04/09/2009 - 22:36
I think we all wanted a play before we were forced to go out and take photographs! And some of us had to be up very early and were in need of coffee!
My Photobucket

Technoblurb

Link Posted 05/09/2009 - 07:48
The coffee shop is literally just inside the door, not very far to stagger.
If you are late the flying displays at 11.30am, 1.30pm & 3.30pm. If you can't find us wallowing in coffee around those times make your way to the bird of pray centre.

sandy

Link Posted 06/09/2009 - 09:53
johnriley wrote:
Whwn I saw this I didn't realise just where it was, but it's not too bad from Manchester.

We're supposed to be doing Fountains by Night (Fountains Abbey) that night, but if it becomes possible we just might join you for the morning. It would be good to meet some of our fellow Pentax Users!

Fountains by Night sounds a brilliant location

johnriley

Link Posted 06/09/2009 - 09:59
They do Fountains by Night three times around September/October.

We went 2 years ago and IIRC the site was open till about 10pm, with the ruins being floodlit from dusk.

There was live music in the Undercroft and the usual burger bar serving greasy delicious smelling hot food!

NT members got in free as per usual.
Best regards, John

hkwiles

Link Posted 06/09/2009 - 14:41
Bummer !!! won't have my camera then....other matters pending ..i.e...daughters Wedding to pay for 3rd October in Harrogate at The Cedar Court Hotel . Damn and I've already arranged the photographer !! could have used you lot for free LoL

Bedale is not far from where I used to live, village of Sharrow near ..Ripon...another good place for pictures what with Catherdral and if you stay up til 10 pm..The Hornblower in the Market Square..he is guaranteed to be there ..are you LoL.

Will certainly join you guys when up and running if I may .

Howard

edited for crap spelling !
Body: K7 of course !!
Lenses: DA18-55WR,DA50-200WR,FA50-1.4
Last Edited by hkwiles on 06/09/2009 - 14:45
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.