Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Problems with PMs??

doubled
Posted 27/04/2017 - 16:41 Link
Hi all,

Not sure if anyone is experiencing problems with sending/receiving PMs but I've noticed some of the PMs I've sent have not been delivered and at the same time they are NOT in the Out box neither (Which they usually are until the PM is received). So in another word those PMs I've sent have actually gone missing. I only noticed this after I received a PM from another forum member this morning who I was having a dialogue with regarding a sale.

The message I received from this forum member was a bit out of the blue and made no sense to me whatsoever as I have accepted his counter offer and have asked for his bank account details to make a payment to him. The next message came back to me was "The deal is off for mucking me about"!?!? So I sent another PM to him asking what he meant by that but that very message has also disappeared in my sent/outbox.

So is anyone else having this issue? Apologies if I've posted this in the wrong section but I wasn't sure where else to post this. Thanks everyone.

Regards,
D
johnriley
Posted 28/04/2017 - 00:21 Link
Messages stay in the outbox until the recipient opens them, then they become sent messages.

Messages that disappear usually do so because the sender has deleted them after they are sent but before they are read.

I've not had any particular problems with PMs, but if it keeps happening do please make a report.
Best regards, John
doubled
Posted 28/04/2017 - 08:38 Link
johnriley wrote:
Messages stay in the outbox until the recipient opens them, then they become sent messages.

Thanks for the reply John. That is also my understanding on outbox/sent box mechanism.

johnriley wrote:

Messages that disappear usually do so because the sender has deleted them after they are sent but before they are read.

I also believe and understand that is the case but as I never delete any messages either from the sent or outbox. The "human error" side of things can be ruled out

I guess I'll just have to keep an eye out from now on and not make assumptions.

Cheers,
D

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.