PROBLEMS WITH K 7

OIGS
Posted 19/07/2010 - 14:32 Link
Problems with images taken with the K 7.
Purchased K 7 beginning of month, a lot of the images have very fine verticle lines, has anyone else had the same problem?
Camera is going back to suppliers later this week to be checked.
johnriley
Posted 19/07/2010 - 14:34 Link
Hello and welcome!

Sounds like a faulty camera, but try another card first just in case it's a faulty card. Always format the card in camera before first use, and every time afterwards that you clear the card.

Hope that helps!
Best regards, John
DrOrloff
Posted 19/07/2010 - 14:38 Link
Sounds familiar. I hope it isn't the same problem, but try searching "vertical banding" on this forum. From my personal experience with my K20D my advice would be to get this camera replaced as rather than repaired if you can.
OIGS
Posted 19/07/2010 - 14:44 Link
That was a quick response to my topic, unfortunatly formating doesn't work, appears to be a faulty camera.
Thanks,
Bruce
Mannesty
Posted 19/07/2010 - 15:11 Link
It's a duff'un, send it back for replacement, not repair. Vertical banding has been an issue to varying degrees with just about every Pentax DSLR, and other makes also.

The problem is most pronounced in low light, longer shutter speed situations where you get some really dark areas in the frame. I try to avoid these situations as much as I can.
Peter E Smith - flickr Photostream
Edited by Mannesty: 19/07/2010 - 15:12
gartmore
Posted 19/07/2010 - 15:52 Link
I had the same problem with a K20, it just needed to have the firmware re-installed. In my case it showed up in bright light at 1/500 sec at f11
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
JudithAnn
Posted 23/07/2010 - 17:03 Link
Hope you solve the problem...anyway, welcome to the forum
Edited by JudithAnn: 23/07/2010 - 17:04
darlene
Posted 22/08/2010 - 01:20 Link
Hi and welcome to the forum.
OIGS
Posted 22/08/2010 - 12:47 Link
Thanks for everyones suggestions about my camera, and how the problem may be fixed.
Camera went back to suppliers, came back a week later.
I have taken abouut 700 shots since then and all the images so far have been perfect, the image quality is quite amazing.
bforbes
Posted 22/08/2010 - 12:55 Link
did they replace or repair the camera, do you know?
StephenLewis
Posted 22/08/2010 - 13:58 Link
Welcome to the forum and I hope you get the camera problem resolved. Best of luck.

Stephen
I gladly welcome C & C's. Being foggy minded they really help me learn.
OIGS
Posted 23/08/2010 - 02:36 Link
They repaired the camera, that's ok with me.
I also have a K10D, DA 18-250, Takumar 100 macro, Zeis 135
i-Berg
Posted 23/08/2010 - 08:27 Link
G'day and welcome - now you can focus on taking pictures!

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo