Problem with K-x flash housing

trixie
Posted 23/07/2011 - 15:20 Link
I wonder if any other K-x users have found this a problem, when the flash fires automatic I find I have to really slap the housing down and hold it for a few seconds, it wants to stay up, I took it back to Harrison Cameras in Sheffield and they told me it was OK ?? I think I must be doing something wrong with it,anyone help with it, I will appreciate it, doesn't happen when I have a flash attachment in the hotshoe. Cheers Trixie :
davidstorm
Posted 23/07/2011 - 21:51 - Helpful Comment Link
Trixie, I have not had any issues with my K-X, nor with my son's K-M which is basically the same body. On both our cameras it stays down with just a firm push and has never popped back up again.
Flickr

Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs
dcweather
Posted 24/07/2011 - 09:50 - Helpful Comment Link
Mine was pretty sensitive on my K-x and my new K-r is as well. It does go back and stay back but not always first time and there is no positive click to say it is locked back in.
Dave
trixie
Posted 24/07/2011 - 14:23 Link
davidstorm wrote:
Trixie, I have not had any issues with my K-X, nor with my son's K-M which is basically the same body. On both our cameras it stays down with just a firm push and has never popped back up again.
dcweather wrote:
Mine was pretty sensitive on my K-x and my new K-r is as well. It does go back and stay back but not always first time and there is no positive click to say it is locked back in.
Dave
Thank you both, tried again today and it really does need a good firm hand, it pops back a few tims still, must just be a minor fault in the K-x but not in all of them, its not too much of a problem though.
darkskies
Posted 24/07/2011 - 17:21 - Helpful Comment Link
My K-x does not do that at all. It stays down first time with a very gentle push and there is a nice click that says it's there. Seems like there is a fault in yours, but if you can live with it........
This space deliberately left blank.
trixie
Posted 24/07/2011 - 21:51 Link
I can live with it, its a bit annoying that s all, but I find if I keep my finger on it it stays put eventually. Theres not a click either, thank you all the same, appreciate the helpful comments. cheers Trixie

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo