Problem on silkypix website ??
Posted 20/12/2008 - 18:57
Link
If your using Norton it will flag it up use this one:arrow:.. http://www.isl.co.jp/SILKYPIX/english/
Tel,
Posted 21/12/2008 - 08:16
Link
Are you sure that was the URL??
The one you gave sort of worked... but badly...
Try the proper one:
http://www.shortcutinc.com/cms/index.php
(notice "dot PHP" at the end, not "slash PHP")
Matt
The one you gave sort of worked... but badly...
Try the proper one:
http://www.shortcutinc.com/cms/index.php
(notice "dot PHP" at the end, not "slash PHP")
Matt
http://www.mattmatic.co.uk
(For gallery, tips and links)
(For gallery, tips and links)
Posted 21/12/2008 - 11:05
Link
My computer wouldn't reboot after visiting that site. (Had to restore a backup of my system).
Just coincidence or not: I don't know.
Just coincidence or not: I don't know.
~Pete
Posted 21/12/2008 - 21:21
Link
MattMatic wrote:
Are you sure that was the URL??
The one you gave sort of worked... but badly...
Try the proper one:
http://www.shortcutinc.com/cms/index.php
(notice "dot PHP" at the end, not "slash PHP")
Matt
Hi Matt, Are you sure that was the URL??
The one you gave sort of worked... but badly...
Try the proper one:
http://www.shortcutinc.com/cms/index.php
(notice "dot PHP" at the end, not "slash PHP")
Matt
I think I entered www.shortcutinc.com in the address bar, my AV tool (norton) complained quoting ...index/php. I agree that the correct address should be ...index.php !
On vista when I go to www.shortcutinc.com I get a problem with adobe reader. Weird
Haven't tried XP again yet.
just to be clear the correct address for the shortcut website is www.shortcutinc.com
Posted 21/12/2008 - 21:25
Link
iceblinker wrote:
My computer wouldn't reboot after visiting that site. (Had to restore a backup of my system).
Just coincidence or not: I don't know.
Hi iceblinker, upon re-reading my OP I realise that I did not make it crystal clear that the .../index/php address was that which my AV tool reported, not the proper address for the shortcut site.My computer wouldn't reboot after visiting that site. (Had to restore a backup of my system).
Just coincidence or not: I don't know.
Please accept my apologies if my poorly written post precipitated your hassles, I'm very glad to hear you had a backup.
Posted 21/12/2008 - 23:41
Link
That's OK. No apology needed. It's not your fault if there is a virus - wherever it is/was.
~Pete
Posted 09/01/2009 - 13:56
Link
I tried accessing the forum again today from the isl jp website and got this message .....
"The Forum has been temporarily closed. Updates are being made.
We will be back soon..."
hopefully they will fix the problems they have been having when entering via shortcutinc's website
"The Forum has been temporarily closed. Updates are being made.
We will be back soon..."
hopefully they will fix the problems they have been having when entering via shortcutinc's website
Posted 16/01/2009 - 23:23
Link
a week further on, tried again via http://www.isl.co.jp/SILKYPIX/english/ and I get HTTP 404 not found error !
I wonder what's happening
I wonder what's happening
Posted 16/01/2009 - 23:32
Link
http://www.isl.co.jp/SILKYPIX/english/ is working for me now OK with Internet Explorer.
But the forum is still AWOL. These problems are not doing Silkypix's reputation any good. They need to sort it out immediately.
But the forum is still AWOL. These problems are not doing Silkypix's reputation any good. They need to sort it out immediately.
~Pete
Posted 16/01/2009 - 23:42
Link
Well, using Firefox on XP and ESET I still get a warning: about visiting a malicious attack site. But if ignored the site seems functional, except the forum.......
Martin.
Martin.
Posted 17/01/2009 - 16:57
Link
iceblinker wrote:
http://www.isl.co.jp/SILKYPIX/english/ is working for me now OK with Internet Explorer.
But the forum is still AWOL. These problems are not doing Silkypix's reputation any good. They need to sort it out immediately.
it is indeed unfortunate, that's hackers for you....http://www.isl.co.jp/SILKYPIX/english/ is working for me now OK with Internet Explorer.
But the forum is still AWOL. These problems are not doing Silkypix's reputation any good. They need to sort it out immediately.
Just to be clear, the main silkypix website www.isl.co.jp/SILKYPIX/english has not been subject to any problems,
it is only the english language forum which is hosted by shortcutinc.com which has the problems, the isl website includes a link to the shortcutinc forum
Posted 17/01/2009 - 22:03
Link
It's not just the forum that's the problem.
People get reports of malware when they visit shortcutinc.com to find info and downloads on Silkypix.
A representitive from Shortcut on the forum suggested that it's a "false alarm". I remain to be convinced one way or the other.
People get reports of malware when they visit shortcutinc.com to find info and downloads on Silkypix.
A representitive from Shortcut on the forum suggested that it's a "false alarm". I remain to be convinced one way or the other.
~Pete
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


261 posts
17 years
"MSIE ADODB.Stream Object File Installation weakness"
URL was http://www.shortcutinc.com/cms/index/php
this is for XP SP2
Anyone else had similar problem ?